dommcd v capital one

dommcd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent cap1 a request for £160. They replied saying that they dont feel their charges are unfair and depite what the oft have said they wont be lowering their charges because they dont agree with them.

However as a gestue of "good will" they would refund the difference between the £12 and what they had charged and it would appear on my statement. It was £64.

My accont was overlimit by £99 because of these charges so I thought i will accept this as a part payment pay off the other £35 quid to bring my acount in line and avoid further charges while i continue to claim for the rest.

When it did come they had refunded the £64 (by the way they didnt ask me if that was acceptable they just did it) but had added another £40 in charges so really they had only given £24 back and with interest had really only made me £11 better off.

Is this the sort of thing that I should expect from them, have other people had this problem and what can i do about it.

I would be grateful of any advise on the matter.

No I didnt have a chance to say yes or no they sent me the letter and then my statement came right after (the next day i think) and the refund and new charges were both added on the 24th july which was before i got the letter anyway. They arent too good at sending their letters out, sometimes over a week after the date of the letter do i finally get to see them.