Taken Car Home But Did Not Pay 2.5k Deposit

judusx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

This is my first post here as i had nobody else to turn too so hope you all can help.

Here is goes.

It all started 5 days ago when my car broke down me and the wife finally said it was time to spend some cash on a newer car before this we have always had £1000 bangers . So we went down to a well know nation wide dealership.

I set my stall out from the start stating the budget i was on and what i looking for, something that was low on TAX and fuel and too my surprise they found me a nice little car for 5k. Only £35 on the road tax 1.4. This was on a 3 year 0% for £2500 and the rest we would add out of our savings. so signed the agreement they told me to come back tomorrow with proofs and the car was mine. Went back the next day ready to drive away and found out that the tax was going to be £120 a year and not the £35 i was told they said that they had already taxed the car in my name and the log book was on its way to my home. In the end they paid for the extra tax for one year as a good will as i was going to cancel the deal there and then. After looking around the car it needed a clean up and some jobs complete on it before i would accept it. Went back the next night to pick up the car the deal was done got the car home and found burn marks in the back seat that were not there before and some of the jobs had not been complete. So I have the car at home and no £2500 deposit paid none of the guys that worked there bothered to take my card details from me. And now they must have called me at least 55 times today been around my house 3 times as the next door has told me rang my work twice looking for me. They said that they can not complete the work with out the deposit and im not willing to pay the funds until the work is done. At this point now they are saying they will call the police and come and collect the car. So my poor wife is in a stait. I feel at last justice has been served to these 2 bit car dealers who can not wait to rip the next person off. But where do i stand legaly.

Sorry for the life story and grammer

He isnt saying he wants to keep the car and not pay for it, he is saying he is not willing to pay for the car until it is in the condition he was promised it in. And the dealership are refusing to make the car right until he pays for it.

In which way do you mean exactly? Are you asking can you keep the car without paying?
In a nutshell yes we are at a stalemate they will not fix with out the deposit and i will not pay it without been fixed

Then take the car back this morning and reject the car under the sale of goods act as not being as described. They will argue that the registration has been sent off, well that is their problem and you can just send it back via DVLA if it does turn up. They will argue that they taxed it and again, that is their problem.

If they don't like it they can take you to court, so write down times, days, who and what was siad/implied by them. What they said they would do, but didn't etc.

They would not win in court.

thanks for the info but from my experience when these dealers say they will unwind HP deals it very solemnly get done correct and then the fiance company will start chasing me adding numbers on my credit file. Then i will have a battle with the credit people and experian. i want the car but feel they have tried to somewhat con me. And have made a critical error on there part. Lets say they will not fix it and i do not pay the money where do i stand in term of the law with them trying to obtain these funds from me. Thanks

. Lets say they will not fix it and i do not pay the money where do i stand in term of the law with them trying to obtain these funds from me.

So, you are asking can you give them the car back, and cancel the deal?

Remember your agreement is with the finance company, not the dealer.

Could you not come to some agreement whereby say you pay half of the deposit, they do the outstanding work and you then pay the remainder of the deposit (once you are happy that all work has been carried out correctly)??

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

right after 56 phone calls 15 messages they went to my place of work today looking for me handed over a sheet of A4 paper to one of my mangers at 8.00am this morning demanding they speak to me i have got in a bit of trouble over this and now my whole company knows my private dealings.

And you want what? Sympathy? Not now. You could and should have taken the car back. I suspect any chance of them sorting things the way you like now are nill. I think you are lucky the police haven't turned up to charge you with theft.

And you want what? Sympathy? Not now. You could and should have taken the car back. I suspect any chance of them sorting things the way you like now are nill. I think you are lucky the police haven't turned up to charge you with theft.

Thanks for your inspired help are you sure you do not work for them ? They fix the car i pay the money its simple for once the shoe is on the other foot.

Inspired help? You were offered sound advice days ago, which you seem to have ignored. No I don't work for them. If I did you would be under arrest for theft!

I makes me annoyed when people who really shouldn't buy a car without professional help, do so. Did it not occur to you to inspect the car thoroughly and see ALL the paperwork you require BEFORE signing up for a loan that you are now liable for.

So. Don't complain when they pop around to your work, home, neighbours etc looking for you. I would do the same if someone 'forgot' to pay me £2,500.