• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

need advice

saffy09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

New to this hope in right forum????

I requested my cca from the halifax which they have sent to me today, however on the cca it is not my signature mine is different to the one on that also my so called signature also appears on the part where the halifax should have signed?? the cca is dated April 07 but im sure it was before that. I never recall seing this agreememt or signing so im stuck as what to do?????

many thanks x

Sorry should have mentioned why i requested my cca, it is because i have just had a baby and now on stataury mat pay so am having a few difficulties with my payments, was asking if the charges could be stopped for a short time ie overlimit fees and late payment fees, they said no and if i didnt pay the mimium payment i would be breaching my credit agreement. I have offered to pay £60 per month and have been doing but off that they have been taking £24 in charges and £40 roughly intrest so im paying that for nothing this has been going on now for 6 months so im still over my limit although i have paid all this money for nothing.

time to sar them and get reclaiming.+ interest!!!

as for the debt, pay them what you can easily afford.

write to them and TELL them they will only be getting £XX for XXmts.

then regardless to whatever they say, keep doing it month on month.

i would also request that they in recognition of your gesture of goodwill toward the debt in times of need, help you by freezing all interst and refraining from placing unnncessaary charges etc on the a/c

if and a big IF it ever went to court, the judge would laugh it out the door & prob assign a smaller payment.

halifax know this but are just chancing their arm.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

time to sar them and get reclaiming.+ interest!!!

as for the debt, pay them what you can easily afford.

write to them and TELL them they will only be getting £XX for XXmts.

then regardless to whatever they say, keep doing it month on month.

i would also request that they in recognition of your gesture of goodwill toward the debt in times of need, help you by freezing all interst and refraining from placing unnncessaary charges etc on the a/c

if and a big IF it ever went to court, the judge would laugh it out the door & prob assign a smaller payment.

halifax know this but are just chancing their arm.

dx

if you are 100% sure that the signature is not yours do NOT pay them another penny

write to them and tell them they have failed to comply with s78 of th CCA in that they have not supplied a true copy of an original agreemen

explain to them that the the signature on the document that they s, which purports to be yours is in fact not yours and therefore they are in default and as such they may not enforce the agreement or amke any charges until such time as they comply with your request

I must stress here that you have to be 100% certain that it is not your signature

Thank you diddydicky for your reply. Iam a 100% sure that signature is not mine and i have never seen this document before!!!! How can i prove it is not my signature????

its very difficult if not impossible to prove a negative, however you don't have to

As i said write and tell them they are in default, having not provided you with a true copy of a valid agreement signed by you

tell them that if they are alleging that the signature on the document is yours then you will be putting them to strict proof when the matter is taken to court as you are 100% satisfied that the document they will seek to rely upon will contain a forged signature

Hi

Would you have a template letter with reguards to the matter of signature im not that good at putting thing in writing as you can prob see from threads lol

Many thanks

Hi

Would you have a template letter with reguards to the matter of signature im not that good at putting thing in writing as you can prob see from threads lol

Many thanks

Dear Sirs,

i refer to your response to my s78 consumer Credit Act request

i note that you have provided me with a document which you confirm to be a true copy of an original credit agreement.

This document bears a signature which is not mine!

You have therefore failed to comply with your obligations under s78 CCA and until such time as you do so you are in default and may not add charges or interest. Nor may you take any enforcement action nor pass details to any third party

For the avoidance of doubt please be advised that it is is to be your intention to rely on this document in any subsequent legal proceedings you will be put to strict proof as to the authenticity of the signature on this document.

Yours sincerely

XXX

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SIGN THIS LETETER NOR ANY OTHER LETTER TO THEM

Hi

Another cca from Halifax, however this one is not signed and has totally different t&c to the one that was sent to me signed. They have sent 2 different ones with different apr rates but none is signed and they are alot different to the one which was sent with my signature. The new ones have a bit on your right to cancel which is not on the signed one???? they added :i write to you in response to your requst for a copy of your cc agreement under section 78 of the cca 1974

I have enclosed with this letter a copy of your executed agreement, a copy of your current terms and conditions and a signed statement of your account: what they have basically sent is the correct t&c and they have signed a statement of my account and they say they have sattisfied their obligation to provide a copy of the executed agreement under sec 78. As such the agreement you have with us is fully enforcable and we shall continue to treat it as such. We will not be entering in to any further corresspondence with you reguarding thr requirements relating to the provisions of copy agreement. Help please:confused:

many thanks

dear sirs

I refer to my letter of XXXXXXX in which i stated quite clearly that the signature on the documents you provided were not mine

You are still in default of s78

I am appalled that you should totally ignore in your response s a serious complaint that a signature which is not mine but which purports to be so has appeared on a document YOU say is a legal agreement between us

I note that you have stated that you will not discuss this matter further and i will bring this to the attention of any court in which you decide to pursue this matter who may take a view as to why you wish to ignore this complaint

Yours sincerely

• 7 months later...

Hi

I have received a leyyer from Moorcroft today saying they will be taking me to court!!:-( This is the first i have heard back in months. As i was aware my account was in dispute i have had no corrospondence from the Halifax. I have explained my finacial situation over and over again to the Halifax in writing but had no response. I have not received a termination of account letter either. Moorcroft have advised me that apllications for credit cards over the phone no agreement need be signed??? and that charges can be added on while the account is in dispute?? The Halifax have my income as £8000 and gave me a card of £4000. I really do not know what to do now. Have just had a baby and im on statatory mat pay and cant afford what they are asking for!! Moorcroft have also threatened Balliffs. I did use the card and im not trying to run away from paying but did not expect to fall into finacial problems either i just cant pay what they are asking. Help Please x Saffy x

first, post the letter up so that we can read it- it is more likely a threatogram than a bona fide letter before action

next, (assuming the letter is a genuine LBA) and if you are 101% certain that the signature on the agreement is not yours- then i would suggest (having taken several photocopies of it) you go to the police, ahead of any civil case and make a formal complaint as to forgery and deception and write to the other side telling them that you have done so.

Hi

The letter is from moorcroft pre court division

notice of intended litigation

Which reads:

To prevent the above action please send payment before 17/02/10 imediatly.????

If you do not contact us following receipt of this letter we may have no alternative other than to assume that you are avoiding repayment of this debt. In this situation instructions to our clients solicitors to issue legal action against you may follow. Please note if legal action is necessary your debt may increase as follows:

Solicitors costs £80

Court fees for issue of claim form: £85

solicitors costs for entering judgement (by default) £25

Contact us now.

Im really scared now never been to court in my life and just feel threatened now x

Hi

The letter is from moorcroft pre court division

notice of intended litigation

Which reads:

To prevent the above action please send payment before 17/02/10 imediatly.????

If you do not contact us following receipt of this letter we may have no alternative other than to assume that you are avoiding repayment of this debt. In this situation instructions to our clients solicitors to issue legal action against you may follow. Please note if legal action is necessary your debt may increase as follows:

Solicitors costs £80

Court fees for issue of claim form: £85

solicitors costs for entering judgement (by default) £25

Contact us now.

Im really scared now never been to court in my life and just feel threatened now x

this is not a letter before action- it is a threatogram (see highlighted word)

• 2 months later...

Hi

Received yet another letter from Moorcroft home divisions dept saying someone will be calling at my home to discuss repayment!!! as far as im concerned i owe moorcroft nothing!! As stated before Halifax have not even sent me a termination of account letter they have just passed it on to these idiots. Is there any kind of guidlines with credit cards lending as they have lent me half my annual income? What should i put in a letter to moorcroft? i have 2 babies on my own and really dont need them knocking my door quite scary really:(

i know it may seem scary to you- but i can only say to you that this visit- if it indeed happens will NOT be scary at all-

the person calling is not a bailiff- will not intimidate you and will not try to push past you to get into your house or try to take anything from you

he will simply knock the door and attempt to engage you in conversation about repaying the debt

if you refuse to discuss and then close the door they WILL go away

• 3 months later...

Hi

It seems that moorcroft has taken the signature leeter seriously now!! Halifax have instructed a company called Iqor to recover! should i sent them the same letter? Can 2 companys try and recover the debt or would moorcroft have sent this back to halifax? confused:confused: