quick quetion v car insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

im insured on the car and my wife is insured on the policy as a learner driver.

quick question is does it have to be me in the car teaching her, due to work commitments ive not been able to take her out as often as i could.

as she is the one driving and the one insured would it be possible for her father to take her out as he has his adi certificate

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi,

NORMALLY there is no requirement for you to be the supervising driver if your wife is a named driver on the policy. However the supervising driver MUST be insured to take over in an emergency, so as long as her father has a 'Driving Other Cars' extension under his own insurance (PROBABLY Third Party only) then not a problem.

H

I would also be careful about this being seen as "fronting". If your wife is doing the majority of the driving then she should be the main driver, which will obviously shove up your premium.

An ADI , if working with a valid instructors certificate and insurance policy would normally be insured to teach in a private car.

I had a policy with the DIA which covered me for negligence and indemnity etc as well as teaching in my own car and private vehicles.

Check the details on the policy if he still teaches.

However it would be easier if her father took her out in his own car as if he's teaching then she'll be covered as a learner, and you just supervise when you can.

Ripped v Barclaycard - WON!!! :D

Ripped v MBNA - with FOS since Jan 08 with adjudicator ;)

I owe my attitude to Gene Hunt :cool:

gyzmo i drive the car ALOT more than she does, shes having maybe a lesson a week if possible ill use it most the rest of the week.

dont think her father does have cover to drive other cars but i will check his documents, he doesnt teach anymore so doesnt have insurance for that

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

gyzmo i drive the car ALOT more than she does, shes having maybe a lesson a week if possible ill use it most the rest of the week.

dont think her father does have cover to drive other cars but i will check his documents, he doesnt teach anymore so doesnt have insurance for that

Simple answer maybe to add hiim to your insurance then