Westminster PCN: residents' bay or Pay by Phone bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello fellow motorists,

to make the long story short, I was issued a PCN for parking in a residents' bay in Westminster Long Acre. At the time I believed I was in a Pay by Phone bay, right next to the Pay by Phone parking sign which indicated it was not in effect after 18:30. I parked my scooter there in the late evening.

54399782.th.jpg

80565396.th.jpg

I disputed the PCN via Westminster's suggested "informal challenge" route online. I attached the photo of the Pay by Phone parking sign my scooter was literally within 2 meters away from. In response I got a letter that reiterated the PCN. By way of the evidence of the violation it merely included a picture of a Residents' parking sign.

55707134.th.jpg

77599406.th.jpg

The letter indicated I would have to wait for an NTO in order to make a formal representation.

One month later, the NTO followed:

83409150.th.jpg

20636096.th.jpg

61671729.th.jpg

70431851.th.jpg

Do I have any grounds to fight this NTO? I know this sentimental bit is irrelevant, but on that night I brought my son (who was seriously ill and home-bound for 7 months) to Soho to see the London bustle and get an appetite for life again. Having had to care for him all that time I am still out of job, that's why I would like to avoid extra charges. Any helpful advice much appreciared. Regards and thanks.

Edited by Kegelban
added documents

damn missed 'em......

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We need to see photographs (hopefully slightly larger than the letters) that show the signs, road markings and exactly where you were parked.

At the moment, there is insufficient information to mount any challenge.

I parked next to this sign:

pia2s.th.jpg

Westminster claims parking was governed by this sign:

wm5426860420090408ticke.th.jpg

Here is how I was parked:

dsc00129drs.th.jpg

Am I also right in thinking that the above signage is at odds with the regulation 12(6)?