You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mahharg

Please sign my petition to ban addictive Gaming machines from betting shops

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4044 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I wonder if you would be so kind as to sign this petition Petition to: Ban gaming machines in betting offices. | Number10.gov.uk.

The gaming machines in betting shops are nothing but a money making machine for betting shops. They are in my observation highly addictive and I often see people shouting and swearing at, even punching the machines after they have spent all their hard earned cash. These machines have been labelled "The crack cocaine of gambling". People who gamble on these machines seem to have no control once on there and they find it almost impossible to get away from them until their money has gone. My partner is one of these people and it is putting a massive strain on our relationship. I see that the people on these machines seem to be getting younger and younger. This could have disastrous effects in the future regarding relationships and crime to feed this addiction and even worse. The problem with gambling is that it is a silent addiction with no physical indications like certain other addictions and no one would really know unless the addict speaks out or until it is too late. Because of this people don't appreciate that it is actually an addiction like any other. I feel that the Government has a duty to protect the interests of the general public. I know that horse racing etc will not be banned but these machine may well cause massive problems for the future. If you agree please please sign my petition and perhaps pass this on to others.

many thank

Graham

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.