• Tweets

• compensation is designed to put you back in a place where you started out so insurers will pay yu for a stolen watch if they cant actually replace the item with an exact same one. Now compensation is also given where recognition of a wrong is being offered so a company whose service has fallen below an acceptable level will usually send someone a gift in recognition of this. they cant be forced to offer money because you have made no loss they are responsible for so your expected eligibility doesnt have any grounding. If you had made a suggestion of what was a suitable gesture I'm sure they wouldnt have sent what they did but as the complaint was about an allergen then choccies or flowers would have been a no-no. i am sorry that things got complicated but their decision to let you decide how to distribute their largesse is commendable as well and i must say that a line has to be drawn under this somewhere.   You could ask for a discount code for your next purchase as you say you buy online as this is less in your face than asking for a voucher that may possibly be passed on in the same way that you can pass on their current offer.
    • Just to update everyone.   Witness statement, ROP letter and alleged credit agreement filed at court this morning.  I have also sent them the same which they will receive tomorrow morning.   There is nothing on my credit files, nor any searches.  The default dropped off my file a few months ago after 6 long years.  My file is completely clean now, and I'm hoping it stays that way.        
    • letters deemed to be delivered 2 days after posting so sols are just time wasting to keep the taximeter ticking over. all you need to do si send them a copy and say it was sent by 1st class post to such and such address ( reg office presumably)
    • It is the usual rubbish.   It is cunningly designed to frighten you because it uses some words designed to provoke an emotional response such as Bankruptcy, charging, Warrant etc.   If you read it carefully it can be summed up as follows:   1. You were wise enough not to engage with us before and we are a bit pissed about that.   2. Because we are pissed but can do nothing else we are trying to frighten you with all the things someone else COULD (but probably wouldn't) do with keywords. Only our client and his solicitor could if they had a case.   3. More keywords because we are still pissed you have not engaged with us.   4. We have advised our client (though we probably haven't) to refer to solicitors for legal action because 1). we have failed to scare or engage you and 2). we have no power to take legal action ourselves, only solicitors engaged by our clients could do that.   5. We want to help you (for which read we want to help ourselves) and please look at the list of other people who can help you because a). we may be legally obliged to refer you to third party help and b). some of those guys will advise you to engage with us rather than put us to strict proof.   This letter should be filed along with it's envelope.  No need to respond in any way or have any anxiety about this one.
    • you get the council involved then as the noise is nuisance. You will need to keep a diary but whislt you are on to the council you ask them to see if they cna inspect the property as you belive that the works being doen come under building control and possibly breaching the London Fire Acts ( or similar for most cities) hopefully tey will send someone round and then tell you if they are happy or not with what they have seen. That will help you decide how you want to play things
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
        • Thanks
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
baz1977

Baz1977 vs Mint\equadebt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3650 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have had my credit card passed to a credit agency. (equadebt)

I was gettin numerous calls, letters etc etc.

i finally agreed to pay 100 a month and the balance was set and no more interest was going intop.

I recently heard about, (do the credit agency have a copy of the original agreement.)

I sent a data protection act letter requesting documentation regards agreement to equadebt ltd and they replied indicating all payments are on hold.

It has been around 3 months now and i havent heard nothing.

obviously they havent got a signed agreement to declare to me.

Does this mean i can ask them to quash the balance, also can i ask them to clear the credit file of any negativeness.

Any ideas of where i go from here pls.

i have had a look around the forum but unsure. assistence would be grateful.

Welcome to CAG:) There is a lot to read to try and get up to speed, but it is worth it. The more you know the easier it gets, honest. First rule, NEVER speak on the fone with any creditor always in writing as you then have a record. They will lie and fake your comments on their files on you!

Passed or sold? Find out if your not sure

Have you contacted RBS yet? Contact with SAR asap

When was acc opened? Can affect cca validity

Are you still paying? Stop now

Send account in dispute letter (in templates I believe) to equadebt, reason no CCA. eqadebt prob wont have the cca, but RBS may but having problems finding/retrieving from archives. Depending when account opened could well be not available or just an application form. Dont forget they only have to send a "true copy", not the original as they are then fulfilling their requirements under cca 1974. If they send t & c`s and something that looks like a cca but not your sig on they prob dont have anything:)

Some threads here that might help:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/188785-mint-what-load-rubbish.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/203842-when-did-advanta-change.html

If it is not valid (youll have to post it up for us to c) they cant take you to court, but can still ask for money. If they dont have anything they shouldnt be doing anything but closing the account, BUT it will be a hard task getting them not to report to the referencing agencies. All finance co`s think they are above the laws of the land.

This is one of my threads that may give a little background into what goes on:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/186500-have-i-been-too.html

:)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

thanks for your time i will read up on what you have advised.

will keep u posted.

the account is from about 2003 -2004

At least its covered by the older legislation thats good news.

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)