Help needed with Tessera

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone help. My husband has just received a letter from Pace Forward, owned bt Tessera Credit Services, asking if he is the above named person and would he contact them.

I assume that this is about a HSBC unsecured overdraught from about 1999, when his business went under. We were unable to pay and when in talks with the bank a large amount of the debt was caused by charges and interest, which the bank refused to remove.

They never took him to court, eventually Wescott credit services and many others contacted us. I agreed to pay £ 50.00 a month which I did out of my own bank account for at least 3 years. When I could no longer afford to pay I cancelled the DD and I did not respond to any letters. My husband never paid a penny and the payments were made from my account after many very upsetting telephone calls.

We have since moved and got married - now we have received this. Can anyone tell us what to do cos we sure cant afford to pay this.

Thanks Sue

When did you last make a payment/acknowledgment of the debt? I suspect they're on a fishing expedition on a near enough or actually time-barred debt, and hoping you'll be stupid enough to answer.

Since they're not sure they're chasing the right person, what I would do would be: strictly nothing. Don't reply. And keep on not replying. There's precious little to do they can do. They're just another bottom feeder DCA hoping to make a few quid by collecting on a debt which they have no right to collect on.

Worse case scenario would be to try and issue a claim form to obtain a CCJ against you.

That doesn't mean they would get it however. :razz: Because IF they did, you would then defend it and ask them to prove that you owe them, the DCA, a single penny, and the answer is that they don't: Your debt as was was owed to HSBC and they flogged it off to DCA after DCA, which means that any proof of you owing anything is long lost in the mists of time and bureaucracy. You might as well send ME a cheque, I need the money more and yours and mine contractual relationship is just as valid. :-D

As I said, I'd ignore it. If you must reply, then send a letter not confirming or denying your ID, but refuting that you owe them, or anyone they purport to represent, anything at all (there's a template on the debt forum, have a look around) and that you have no idea what they're on about and that if they want to pursue this alleged debt of which you have no knowledge, they'll have to prove to your satisfaction that you do indeed owe them anything. Sign it by a different signature than your usual one.

;-)