6 month old charges!

Notata Dignum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm new here and I'm just looking for a little advice before I go into the bank tomorrow.

I just received my monthly statement. On the bottom, where the charges are, rather than just listing any from the previous month it shows charges back in December, January and May. All in, £130 worth of charges (£25 of this was for this month, so that's £105 of 'old' charges)

I've looked back through my statements. As far as I can see, they've already charged me once.

Why are they charging me again?

And are they allowed to charge me this far after the fact anyway?

Thanks in advance

ND

Hi

I'm new here and I'm just looking for a little advice before I go into the bank tomorrow.

I just received my monthly statement. On the bottom, where the charges are, rather than just listing any from the previous month it shows charges back in December, January and May. All in, £130 worth of charges (£25 of this was for this month, so that's £105 of 'old' charges)

I've looked back through my statements. As far as I can see, they've already charged me once.

Why are they charging me again?

And are they allowed to charge me this far after the fact anyway?

Thanks in advance

ND

THis came up a lot on Moneysavingexpert so I emailed them at the end of last week and here is the response I got:

"Thanks for your e-mail.

We have begun and will continue over the next few weeks to collect charges on some personal banking accounts which were due to debit from January 2009 onwards. The transactions that incurred these charges may have occurred from as early as November 2008.

Customers were notified as normal of any charges incurred and the date they would debit via their statement. However, these charges were not collected on the specified date but are now being collected from accounts.

Customers may call to query any debits from their account on 0845 9724 724. We are available 8am to 9pm, Monday to Saturday.

Regards "

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf