Loss of earnings - How to demonstrate before court?

rp.
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been asked to demonstrate my loss of earnings comprising an amount for which I am suing for as directly foreseeable consequential damages.

What would generally be accepted to be credible evidence of loss of earnings in the the County Court? I have been self employed as a consultant for the last few years and during the period in question.

Any advice or the benefit of anyone's experience would be much appreciated. Thank you.

If you are self employed then there will be no wage slips;). Do you have up to date self employed accounts to show the court plus regular bank payments to yourself in the past which you can show the court? Also any invoicing to show a pattern of past/future income? Just a few ideas:D

If you are self employed then there will be no wage slips;).

Thank you! Finally someone who read my opening post!

Do you have up to date self employed accounts to show the court plus regular bank payments to yourself in the past which you can show the court? Also any invoicing to show a pattern of past/future income? Just a few ideas:D

This is very useful, thank you.

Do you think it would really require this level of detail, in reality? Are the courts really this strict?

I ask, because I do not wish for my private financial affairs to be interrogated in detail in front of the defendant.

What do you think?

What do you think?

1: You can be required to justify your claim and, if your opponent is worth his salt, you will be required to.

2: As you have been "self employed as a consultant" then you presumably will have an invoice trail covering a 6 - 12 month period. This forms the first part of your claim. Calculate the tangible and demonstrable daily loss.

3. The second part of your claim takes into account the impact of their action upon your business development - your future income. A figure of 40-50% of the equivalent invoice book rate from 2. (above) applied for an appropriate period has been recommended to me by a barrister.

4. Don't be so rude.

Good luck.

Hi there

See you've already had an answer. However, I would have thought that it would be prudent to have all the figures and paperwork to hand to give the judge, preferably in confidence so that he could evaluate the validity of your figures without disclosing your actual income to the other side. Having never had to do this in court, not sure what the protocol would be but I'm sure there are others who can give you a definitive answer. Good luck:)