HSBC letter this morning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I requested my CCA 3 weeks ago and they refuse to send it unless I sign the request/send a sample signature.

I have sent two letters back (with kind help from people here) saying its not a legal requirement etc and they have now sent this today.

They are really p*ssing me off now...what can I send back?

Thanks

Vicky

xxxx

You could always use this.... copy it into a word document and sign over it :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Also make a complaint to the ICO https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

because they are in breach of their guidelines; http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/checklist_for_handling_requests_for_personal_information.pdf

Data Protection Act Good Practice Notes:

2. Do you have enough information to be sure of the requester’s identity?

Often you will have no reason to doubt a person’s identity. For example, if a person with whom you have regular contact sends a letter from their known address it may be safe to assume that they are who they say they are.

As always, HSBC want to have their cake and eat it.

Dear Utter Bankers

I refer to your recent letter in which you explain that you are refuse to comply with my SAR of (date) because you are unable to satisfy yourselves as to my identity.

However, you have undertaken debt collection activities including demanding money and threatening legal action. The Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection, compliance with which is a condition of your consumer credit licence, is clear that to undertake such activity when you are unsure whether you are dealing with the correct person is an 'unfair practice'.

In the circumstances, I do not expect you to undertake any further collection activity until you have fully complied with my SAR.

Yours etc.

Once the 40 days are up, send them an LBA for non-compliance and then sue them.