Court Case #4 - CL Finance (GE Money) **WON - CASE THROWN OUT**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have sent back the Acknowledgement of Service Forms and sent them back. I have pieced together all the documentation i have and attached them.

Can someone take a look if possible to see if they can pick up any discrepencies?

I believe the Default Notice may be dodgy, and I have not received a Termination Notice.

I have until July 13th to file my defence.

Regards

Edited by Rooster-UK
PDF attachment removed. Showing claim reference.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have sent back the Acknowledgement of Service Forms and sent them back. I have pieced together all the documentation i have and attached them.

Can someone take a look if possible to see if they can pick up any discrepencies?

I believe the Default Notice may be dodgy, and I have not received a Termination Notice.

I have until July 13th to file my defence.

Regards

the claim form extract has your account number in it, I've asked the site team to unapprove until you've edited.

S.

Ok the agreement will be deemed enforceable as its so recent however the default notice is a pile of tosh as you state, it states to rectify that you have 21 days from receipt of letter, how will they know when you received that letter unless they personally served it on yourself. It could end up with you having 19 days to rectify but it could also if postal problems mean you have 2 days.

S.

• Haha 1

Hi luxx,

could you type up the poc?

THe point that the shadow is making above is that the act says in no uncertain terms that it must state an actual date not just a timescale.

Also, if this is CL Finance then they never seem to do the Assignment properly so they're buggered on this point anyway

• 3 weeks later...
Hi luxx,

could you type up the poc?

THe point that the shadow is making above is that the act says in no uncertain terms that it must state an actual date not just a timescale.

Also, if this is CL Finance then they never seem to do the Assignment properly so they're buggered on this point anyway

Hi,

Sorry, Ive not been around the past few weeks...my wife is about to give birth any day, and she has had some complications. I have not have much of a chance to concentrate on this.

I am putting up all my docs on this case, if someone could take a look, that would be great.

Sounds like there are some interesting argument points.

Thanks

Debs.pdf

Ok the agreement will be deemed enforceable as its so recent however the default notice is a pile of tosh as you state, it states to rectify that you have 21 days from receipt of letter, how will they know when you received that letter unless they personally served it on yourself. It could end up with you having 19 days to rectify but it could also if postal problems mean you have 2 days.

S.

Hi,

Sorry, Ive not been around the past few weeks...my wife is about to give birth any day, and she has had some complications. I have not have much of a chance to concentrate on this.

I am putting up all my docs on this case, if someone could take a look, that would be great.

Hi,

Hmm abuse of cpr process there, a notice of assignment which combines with a county court claim at the same time... whatever happend to the good old letter before action? anyway:-

Agreement will be enforceable

default notice very questionable on the days to rectify, any unfair charges on the account making the amount suspect?

I would ask where clause 7 is on the agreement they have sent you... without it how can they say they are entitled to contractual interest on the balance.

NofA, not normally my thing.. surprised on the combo NofA and court claim notification at same time, as I said above normally they should give you a warning before taking you to court. Should bugger up any application they make for costs anyway.

S.

Oooo and best of luck with the really important matter.. the birth.

Regards

S.

Shadow...Sorry to be a royal pain in the (_)_)...but I am trying to complete an AQ which needs to be in tomorrow at the latest, but I am really struggling. Plus I just read that they looking for £4500 costs :eek:

Would you be able to give me some guidance? I know it is very short notice.

The thread is located here if you get a chance...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/201020-court-case-3-northern-3.html

Shadow...Sorry to be a royal pain in the (_)_)...but I am trying to complete an AQ which needs to be in tomorrow at the latest, but I am really struggling. Plus I just read that they looking for £4500 costs :eek:

Would you be able to give me some guidance? I know it is very short notice.

The thread is located here if you get a chance...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/201020-court-case-3-northern-3.html

Sorry didnt get around to this sooner but you are in very good hands....

I see CCM has helped yesterday evening.

S.

Silly question but CL Finance are claiming to have purchased the account from Santander, yet the agreement and Default Notice are from GE Money.

When was the account sold to Santander? and surely a NoA from GE Money -> Santander is also needed?

Also for assignment to be valid I thought it needed to be issued before court proceedings not after?

Is the agreement valid at the bottom of the second page it states you'll be considered for both a mastercard and a storecard - I thought storecards were different than credit cards?

Silly question but CL Finance are claiming to have purchased the account from Santander, yet the agreement and Default Notice are from GE Money.

When was the account sold to Santander? and surely a NoA from GE Money -> Santander is also needed?

Also for assignment to be valid I thought it needed to be issued before court proceedings not after?

Is the agreement valid at the bottom of the second page it states you'll be considered for both a mastercard and a storecard - I thought storecards were different than credit cards?

If its anything like the takeover from Barclaycard of Goldfish accounts then a simple letter advising they were taking over the running of the accounts would suffice, this would be normal in day to day running of the account.

The NoA from GE/Santander to CL should have been given prior to proceedings and a demand of strict proof of such document should be in the defence.

Storecards are not covered by CCA1974, CC agreements are. THIS IS WRONG, CHARGECARDS arent covered, storecards and credit cards ARE covered by the CCA1974

S.

Edited by the_shadow

GE Money is now owned by Santander, have been for a few months now, nice of them to inform their customers :(

OH has mastercard & I have a store card, each had different 'application/agreements.

IMO NOA should be before court papers, wee bit behind you with CL - only recently told their getting nowt from me as they aint got & cant get the cca from GE.

Beachy

:confused: Bit confused here Shadow?

Just had a look at what GE claims to be an enforceable (unreadable micrfiche) agreement - one thing that is readable is Debenhams Store Card, Credit Agreement, regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Beachy

Sorry my bad so to speak :-(

I meant chargecards not storecards, storecards are like credit cards but with the loverly extra 10-15% APR added on and ARE covered, charge cards are the pay everything by the end of the month and arent covered unless they provide some sort of credit facility past the usual month cycle I believe.

S.

Sorry my bad so to speak :-(

I meant chargecards not storecards, storecards are like credit cards but with the loverly extra 10-15% APR added on and ARE covered, charge cards are the pay everything by the end of the month and arent covered unless they provide some sort of credit facility past the usual month cycle I believe.

S.

Phew - You had me worried there for a minute or two :)

If its anything like the takeover from Barclaycard of Goldfish accounts then a simple letter advising they were taking over the running of the accounts would suffice, this would be normal in day to day running of the account.

The NoA from GE/Santander to CL should have been given prior to proceedings and a demand of strict proof of such document should be in the defence.

Storecards are not covered by CCA1974, CC agreements are. THIS IS WRONG, CHARGECARDS arent covered, storecards and credit cards ARE covered by the CCA1974

S.

Can I ask then,

Does everything appear to be above board here?

Is the CCA ok?

Notice of assignment ok?

Default Notice?

etc etc... can anyone suggest what angle to go down here?

The Default Notice says "Before the date shown" quite a few times, but there is no date specified. I would probably go with invalid Default Notice here

I do not have a Termination notice, therefore I cannot argue with that, I will have to ask them for a copy. In all the activity with my ready to Pop wife, I forgot to send a CPR Request :|

I am confused now by the NOA ...anyone able to clear that up?

You say the agreement would be considered enforceable - ****!! Could I claim illegibility on the off chance they do not have the original?

I am really trying to find something that they have done wrong lol

Regarding Clause 7 ...I will check the t's&c's ...i didnt bother scanning them as I never thought they would refer to it duh!!

Kind Regards

Edited by Luxxinterior

Can I ask then,

Does everything appear to be above board here?

Is the CCA ok?

Notice of assignment ok?

Default Notice?

etc etc... can anyone suggest what angle to go down here?

The Default Notice says "Before the date shown" quite a few times, but there is no date specified. I would probably go with invalid Default Notice here

I do not have a Termination notice, therefore I cannot argue with that, I will have to ask them for a copy. In all the activity with my ready to Pop wife, I forgot to send a CPR Request :|

I am confused now by the NOA ...anyone able to clear that up?

You say the agreement would be considered enforceable - ****!! Could I claim illegibility on the off chance they do not have the original?

I am really trying to find something that they have done wrong lol

Regarding Clause 7 ...I will check the t's&c's ...i didnt bother scanning them as I never thought they would refer to it duh!!

Kind Regards

Ok this is just my opinion,

I dont think you can class the agreement as illegible, I can clearly read the prescribed terms and if its your signature on the page 1 then I class it as enforceable although :-

1) Was this signed for on the business address or did you post it back to them, there is no right to cancel box which whilst not a prescribed term its prejudicial against you.

2) It looks like microfiche and the court might not give the same weight to it or even accept it (down to judge lottery)

3) The Default Notice as you say doesnt contain a rememedy date, it alludes to a date, again this will be down to judge lottery

4) NofA from DCA and claim, this is a clear abuse of the court process but I dont think they'll be sanctioned for it, most that will happen is if they apply for any type of court costs you state they didnt forewarn you about court action and hence have gone against CPR where clearly a LBA should have been issued.

5) No NofA from Santander, this is worth arguing about as far as I'm concerned, you had a debt, it was sold and you were not advised, the other firm came asking you for money. It could have been anyone, you werent to know the debt had been sold. by the law of property you should have been told. Are you SURE you received no letter stating your account was migrated?

6) The POC's claim that you had an agreement with Santander UK, this is factually incorrect as I see it and it should mention that the agreement was made with GE Money. You could possibly apply for strike out on this basis but the claimant can adjust the POC's with the courts permission.

As ever just my opinion.

S.

Ok this is just my opinion,

I dont think you can class the agreement as illegible, I can clearly read the prescribed terms and if its your signature on the page 1 then I class it as enforceable although :-

1) Was this signed for on the business address or did you post it back to them, there is no right to cancel box which whilst not a prescribed term its prejudicial against you.

2) It looks like microfiche and the court might not give the same weight to it or even accept it (down to judge lottery)

3) The Default Notice as you say doesnt contain a rememedy date, it alludes to a date, again this will be down to judge lottery

4) NofA from DCA and claim, this is a clear abuse of the court process but I dont think they'll be sanctioned for it, most that will happen is if they apply for any type of court costs you state they didnt forewarn you about court action and hence have gone against CPR where clearly a LBA should have been issued.

5) No NofA from Santander, this is worth arguing about as far as I'm concerned, you had a debt, it was sold and you were not advised, the other firm came asking you for money. It could have been anyone, you werent to know the debt had been sold. by the law of property you should have been told. Are you SURE you received no letter stating your account was migrated?

6) The POC's claim that you had an agreement with Santander UK, this is factually incorrect as I see it and it should mention that the agreement was made with GE Money. You could possibly apply for strike out on this basis but the claimant can adjust the POC's with the courts permission.

As ever just my opinion.

S.

Your opinion may just save the day Shadow :) I will build a defence around those points.

Thanks so much for taking the time :)

Your opinion may just save the day Shadow :) I will build a defence around those points.

Thanks so much for taking the time :)

Oh and I cant see there signature on the agreement anywhere? If its not there then its not a proper executed agreement although they can apply to the court to make it enforceable and the court is likely to grant that if its the only problem with the document.

S.

Oh and I cant see there signature on the agreement anywhere? If its not there then its not a proper executed agreement although they can apply to the court to make it enforceable and the court is likely to grant that if its the only problem with the document.

S.

The big hairy (_)_) did sign it on page 2 ...i blanked it out :)

S.

By the Way... this was for a Storecard! does it matter that it says Credit Card Agreement at the top?? :O (fingers crossed)

What date was the claim issued.

What's the date on the NoA?

Do you remember which arrived first?

Did you ever recieve a letter informing you the account had been sold to Santander? The letter from Viking references GE Money and that's dated 11/05/09 - so some time after that it was sold to Santander and then sold to CL Finance. (and court claim issued all in the space of a month).

Termination doesn't really matter as CL Finance don't hold a Consumer Credit License so if the account isn't terminated they have committed a criminal offence.