Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • ok again thanks for all advice , im going to continue and struggle on paying the wifes debts and maybe look at getting reduced payments but as for mine i think ill go down the DRO route and try get it sorted but will see and open new bank account somewhere first
    • Nothing to do with your own Bank.     Try to withdraw the money from Parentpay early next week and if no joy contact them.   It may be that the money is showing, but has not fully cleared on their system,
    • Hi all,   Just an update with contractual terms. These terms are from a contract at a similar time to when Tracey started as we think they have changed since.   The contract reads as follows:   Termination of employment  Xxxxxxx (Nursery) will provide written notice of termination of your employment in accordance with statutory requirement (currently 1 week’s notice for each year of continuous service, up to a maximum 12 week’s notice).   Once you have successfully completed your probationary period for the company you are required to give 1 month’s written notice of termination of employment.   Regards   Matt             
    • Thanks for helping with the post;   Still waiting for a reply from the DPD.
    • I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Welcome Car Finance help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4034 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



I hope I am posting this in the right place. I am looking for some advice please.


In July 2007 my boyfriend took out a £6500 loan from welcome car finance. (in hindsight a bad choice)


He had the car for 2 months, and then he had an accident, he had already made 2 £271.91 payments and the insurance company paid out £6500 on the car, so in total they have had around £7095 in a couple of months.


My other half rung them up several times and asked for a settlement figure, which they said was £1200 (july 2007) he never received this figure through the post. If he had received this letter, he would have paid the amount in full, instantly. he did telephone to say about in, this may have been in August or September 2007, to ask about the situation, and the customer service rep, said it was dealt with, and that’s the last he heard about it.


Fast forward 2 years, me and my boyfriend have now moved in together, since may 2008, and on the 21st of may 2009, we had someone from welcome finance at our door, saying we owed them £7000. and a payment of £291.71 needed to be paided by the 30th of may 2009, he said the full amount of the loan still needed to be paid even though he had no settlement figure through. My boyfriend tried to say about how they had had £7095 from him already, and how we wouldnt be able to find that money in under a week, he said taht wasnt his problem, and if my boyfriend didnt pay, they would come into our house and take our stuff, I said they couldnt take my stuff, as it was mine, and i brought it, and they said they could, even the landlord telephoned them and said half of the furniture was part of the flat, as it was furnished, and welcome finance just said they can still take it. I now worry they can come and take my things.


They have been telephoning my parntner everyday about 10 times a day, and coming round, at the end of may 2009 he sent a letter of complaint saying about the telephone calls and visits, and how he wanted all communication to be in writing, this hasnt happened they still keep calling, where do we stand on this?


We recieved a letter in the post last week saying he now owes £595, for 2 missed payments, but i dont get how he can miss 2 payments in the space of 3 weeks.


Does he have to pay the other £7000 back that they asking for? they say its because of the total loan amount would have been £14000


But if people from welcome finance tell us one thing and then do an other what are we meant to do, and conviently the phonecall of him asking for teh settlement figure in 2007 has gone missing.


he doesnt have any original copies of the agreement, only what he received form the person coming round to our house in May 2009, and some of the pages were missing from the photocopied information


we have sent a sar and a cca too, we havent had a response from the sar yet.


So I dont get what they used the £7095 for that they have been paid, we asssumed monthly payments looking at it, but someone sent us a letter saying we had been paying £10 a month, which I dont understand how or why, but we had no notfication about this until last week.


We have sent a letter too about ppi, as we were mis sold it.


we sent this to them

However I do have the right to terminate and end my agreement under section 99 of the consumer credit act 1974, Which does say that I only have to pay up to half the total amount, and I would say that £7090.42, Is pretty much half of the agreement. As the total amount was £14000, I would even offer to pay the shortfall of a couple of hundred pounds to make it up to the half way mark of the loan. And then the contracted would be terminated and I would not owe any more money, due to the section 99 of the consumer credit act 1974


would this work for us?


Any help or advice would be great


thanks in advance


Edit, I do apologise for the bad spelling, I am in a rush, i will sort out the mistakes later.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

answered on your same thread in the welcome forum.



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Lollypop And Welcome

Ill Post Some Thoughts In A Mo But Can A Mod Merge The Two Threads As Not To Confuse

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Sorry I posted twice, was in a major rush, and its getting to me now, and I just wish it would go away.


I tried to delete the thread, but i can't, if a mod could merge or delete this one taht would be fab ;-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...