You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

*Lollipop*

welcome finance car help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3910 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya,

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I am looking for some advice please.

In July 2007 my boyfriend took out a £6500 loan from welcome car finance. (in hindsight a bad choice)

He had the car for 2 months, and then he had an accident, he had already made 2 £271.91 payments and the insurance company paid out £6500 on the car, so in total they have had around £7095 in a couple of months.

My other half rung them up several times and asked for a settlement figure, which they said was £1200 (july 2007) he never received this figure through the post. If he had received this letter, he would have paid the amount in full, instantly. he did telephone to say about in, this may have been in August or September 2007, to ask about the situation, and the customer service rep, said it was dealt with, and that’s the last he heard about it.

Fast forward 2 years, me and my boyfriend have now moved in together, since may 2008, and on the 21st of may 2009, we had someone from welcome finance at our door, saying we owed them £7000. and a payment of £291.71 needed to be paided by the 30th of may 2009, he said the full amount of the loan still needed to be paid even though he had no settlement figure through. My boyfriend tried to say about how they had had £7095 from him already, and how we wouldnt be able to find that money in under a week, he said taht wasnt his problem, and if my boyfriend didnt pay, they would come into our house and take our stuff, I said they couldnt take my stuff, as it was mine, and i brought it, and they said they could, even the landlord telephoned them and said half of the furniture was part of the flat, as it was furnished, and welcome finance just said they can still take it. I now worry they can come and take my things.

They have been telephoning my parntner everyday about 10 times a day, and coming round, at the end of may 2009 he sent a letter of complaint saying about the telephone calls and visits, and how he wanted all communication to be in writing, this hasnt happened they still keep calling, where do we stand on this?

We recieved a letter in the post last week saying he now owes £595, for 2 missed payments, but i dont get how he can miss 2 payments in the space of 3 weeks.

Does he have to pay the other £7000 back that they asking for? they say its because of the total loan amount would have been £14000

But if people from welcome finance tell us one thing and then do an other what are we meant to do, and conviently the phonecall of him asking for teh settlement figure in 2007 has gone missing.

he doesnt have any original copies of the agreement, only what he received form the person coming round to our house in May 2009, and some of the pages were missing from the photocopied information

we ahve sent a sar and a cca too, we havent had a response from the sar yet.

So I dont get what they used the £7095 for that they have been paid, we asssumed monthly payments looking at it, but someone sent us a letter saying we had been paying £10 a month, which I dont understand how or why, but we had no notfication about this until last week.

We have sent a letter too about ppi, as we were mis sold it.

we sent this to them

However I do have the right to terminate and end my agreement under section 99 of the consumer credit act 1974, Which does say that I only have to pay up to half the total amount, and I would say that £7090.42, Is pretty much half of the agreement. As the total amount was £14000, I would even offer to pay the shortfall of a couple of hundred pounds to make it up to the half way mark of the loan. And then the contracted would be terminated and I would not owe any more money, due to the section 99 of the consumer credit act 1974

would this work for us?

Any help or advice would be great

thanks in advance

"if my boyfriend didnt pay, they would come into our house and take our stuff"

they are NOT bailliff's

they have no authority to threaten you like that!

report them to the OFT

you are not alone

do some reading in this forum

i don't think you owe them anything!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

I dont think they could, but they do it such a way to scare you, and it worked. I tried to explain that they telly and stuff was mine, and they said because he lived with me they could take it, even what the landlord had provided.

Think i will report them to the OFT, thanks

and also I dont get how they would take our stuff, as on that day we didnt owe them anything, as according to the guy, he said we needed to pay by the end of may.

I have done a lot of reading on here, seems a lot of people have had a problem with this company.

I really am looking for suidnace, as I nor my boyfriend have never been in this situation, so i odnt know what to do, what to write, what to tell people. etc

thanks for you post dx

hi there, I'm in a similar situation where I took out a welcome finance car agreement last November and the total was £11,000 and come February I was laid off out of work and I took out GAP insurance, and noticed I'm paying PPI as well. Ive not been in work since due to the recession as I'm a tradesmen. In July 2009 I received a letter from welcome saying I am in the right to keeps the goods in my possesion. This was after visits to my home before they issued my letter. Now out of the blue they have turned up on my door step saying they have come to reposess the car! Surely this cannot be right if I took out GAP insurance because it would work the same if I had an accident at work wouldn't it? Just need some legal advice because I still hold this letter from July? Please help me people. Thanks =)

hi vxrdale09

to begin with

are you self employed

or were you self employed when laid off

do you still have your agreement

ppi covers you for being unemployed etc

gap covers insurance shortfall if you had an accident and the car is written off

Lollipop. You have done the right thing sending for SAR and CCA. Hold tight and when they arrive post them up on here and let the more experienced take a look and advise. As for Welcome. Do not take any bully tactics from this lot in any way what so ever.The tactics they use are awful so take charge of the situation and let them know you will not be harrassed or threatened by them in any way. It is not a crime to have a loan !!! Write to them complaining of harrassment and that you will only communicate with them by letter / writing. Good Luck and dont let them wear you down !!

I was working cards in for an electrical firm but then the company went bust so unfortunate for me I was out of work. I still have my aggreement and the important letters from welcome finance and another that P***** me off was that they came to my house demanding more than I was recieving JSA at half the cost of my monthly payments, I would claim this to be harrasment as the JSA(job seekers allowance) is for your living expenses only, food, clothing, general domestics etc... I would like to take action against them as I have never said I will not continuing paying, as I would resume payments once back in work but I dont know now the way they have humilated and caused stress towards me... What do you reckon Postggj?

what would be my most preffered course of action?