loudweb

Who shall we sue?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4067 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I've read through all the posts on here and googled quite a lot but I'm just wanting a little more guidance before I persue!

I recently had my car clamped & towed etc. for parking in a private road without any lines or reasonable signs. I'm sure I've got a good strong case and the land owner replied to my letter and even admitted that the signs may have not been clear due to the weather (ie facing completely the wrong way on a lamp post)..

Some sources say that I should sue the clampers and the land owner, some say the clampers and the credit card company (thanks tesco!). Tesco wont do a chargeback because they say its not their position to decide if it was legal or not (which is fair enough), but have said that they have no objection to being added to the claim!

So... do I go for all three, the clampers who have ignored my appeal letter, the landowner who admits the signs were inadequte and tesco because they're the ones who will most likely pay up without a fuss if I win?!!!

If the landowner has admitted that the signage is inadequate, I can't see how they could defend a claim against them. Go for the jugular.

Continue to push against Tesco to make a chargeback, as the payment was made under duress.

Clampers have, anecdotally, a habit of ignoring CCJs, or of pulling a phoenix and dissolving the company and returning under a different name.

Landowner and the clamper. Keep that letter re the signs, it is golden. See "Vine v Waltham Forest". (Is the transcript of Vine on the board ?)