You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

allie1uk

Paying debts while living in Oz

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4041 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone!

Just wanted a quick pick of your knowledgable brains please.

I moved to Australia just over 2 years ago and when I did it I left some debts. Nothing huge at all about £300 at the most.

Anyway I've just popped back for a couple of weeks and I have a letter from a debt collectors telling me that 3 mobile phone will take me to court on 30th June for £101.00 if they haven't heard from me. That is also the date I am returning to Australia.

Now I have had no contact with any of these companies for 2 years..and I dont really plan on having any in the future. Wll they take me to court for £101.00? And if they do then will it affect my credit rating in Oz?

I would pay it..but I am quite broke at the moment..and I'm not sure that if I contact them to tell them this then I could be doing more harm..

Sorry if that last bit didnt make any sense been up all night with teething baby zzzzzzz.

Thanks for any advice x

They cannot get a CCJ against a non England/Wales resident. Even if they managed to by the 'back-door' method (using your last known address) you can get it overturned anyway. ;)

I suggest you check out the Ex-pat Focus forums http://www.expatfocus.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=2 (scroll down for country specific forums) - Personal Finance on this very common topic of discussion.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

They cannot get a CCJ against a non England/Wales resident. Even if they managed to by the 'back-door' method (using your last known address) you can get it overturned anyway. ;)

I suggest you check out the Ex-pat Focus forums Expat Focus - Forums - Expat Issues (scroll down for country specific forums) - Personal Finance (scroll down for country specific forums) - Personal Finance on this very common topic of discussion.

Thanks for that Cerberusalert, that has put my mind at rest. I'm going to check that forum out right now!

Oh just one more question sorry to be a pain, they don't know that I moved abroad so like you say they are using my last known address, how would I overturn their decision?

Thanks again for your help you're a star! :o)

Oooh just having a squiz at that website now, looks very informative cheers for that! x

Oh just one more question sorry to be a pain, they don't know that I moved abroad so like you say they are using my last known address, how would I overturn their decision?

Whoever is receiving the letters meant for you should return them to sender marked 'not at this address'. If they did manage to acquire a CCJ you apply to the court to have it overturned because you were/are a non-resident.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT