You've just won the lottery..... just where do you put it?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was sat in a hospital waiting room (nothing at all serious!) and was forced to listen to the story about the guy who won mega millions. Well done to the chap! Even if I was wondering how to pay my bills and somewhat envious lmao!!

I saw the Royal Bank of Scotland logo on the bottom of the cheque and I was soon thinking 'well, It would be soon be taken out of there, and I'd let the media know why'. I enjoyed thinking about what I'd say, how I'd put it and how not to to say it wrongly so my new found wealth wasn't lost in a slander case!

I thought 'Coutts' as an ex banked there (a lottery winner!) it would be nice to get my pin number stitched in silk in an oak box.... then I remembered hearing that was RBS anyway (I think).

So, I couldn't put it in Barclays or any other mainstream Bonk, so where would we trust it?

I think I remember a similar subject on this but can't quite recall. This is ruining my daydreaming of getting rich. :grin:

Edited by Thailand
sp,sp,sp & missing letters tssk

Is it easy to get your hands on then? Would we just keep a relatively small amount in one of the UK mob's then?!

Also, I would absolutely love walking into Barclays and declaring 'I would like to withdraw a mere £25 million pounds from this disgusting little operation'

Oh, how I would be listened to then....the power

Bank: Oh, but Mr Thai (on speedy arrival of sweaty manager) we can do all of these things for you.....

Me: Ok, refund every unlawful charge in the UK, as far as records go back, and tell Mugabe's henchmen to take a run and jump

Bank: Errrr

Me: Money, quicksticks..... :D

I would have to dangle the carrot in front of Yorkshire Bank, too, just for sh*ts 'n' giggles.

Edited by Thailand
same sh*t different post

You invest it in items of considerable value but which are free from market volatility, obviously. The majority would go into gold, which historically has held it's comparative value regardless of market crashes, world wars and changing - and sometimes disappearing - governments.

The rest you spread around into subsidiary investments. Such as hookers, firearms and Columbian naughty-chalk*

* Please be aware that Uncle Tez is not a qualified investment manager and his chosen investment areas may make you unpopular within your local community.

i just dont understand why I havnt won every week I play and it seems every one else wins I have premium bonds not many but do they win No

I always have a raffle ticket or two do I win No I cant be that unlucky I just assume that I will get the big one oneday what will I do with it banks no SPEND IT

Bona, unlucky with luck, lucky in love, so they say :D

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I love this post... I very often think about the same thing ;)

I especially love it when I do get the odd email from the National Lottery telling me I have good news about the ticket I purchased on ...

I then log in thinking OMG enjoy the moment tex of being broke.. and with sweaty palms I type in my user name and password and my eyes immediately focusing on the top bar expecting my balance to read £millions or a message saying please telephone !!!

Oh wishful thinking, very often it just says, congratulations with a balance of £11.20 or something really random.

Anyway, I will keep you all posted, I'm sure.

xx

x:Dx

You've just won the lottery..... just where do you put it?!

Don't you worry your pretty little head my love... I would soon have it spent for you! :D:p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .