You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

ziggycat46

Capquest letter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4040 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have received a letter from Capquest today and i am not sure what i can do about it so i am on here seking some advice ont he next steps to take.

The letter says...........

Dear ************

Power of Attorney Royal bank of scotland

Account Number ****************

Balance Due**********

Judgement Sum (less than half the balance due)

On april *th 08 a judgement order was obtained against you which represented only a aprt of the balance due as we endeavoured to keep legal costs to a minimum so that we did not place further financial burden upon you.

The current judgement order may now be apssed back to our solicitors HL legal to start enforcement proceedings. If this is necessary we will seek to enforce an order with a warrent of execution.

In the event that we do obtain a warrent of execution, a bailiff will be assigned to attend your address and carry out the warrent. You will be informed that the bailiff has impounded the goods and you will be asked to sign a walking possession agreement. If full payment or satisfactory payment plan is not made, the bailiff is authorised to remove the goods for sale to pay the debt and costs.

As you will appriciate we have already committed to use the court process and this will continue. By obtaining the judgement it has prevented the judgement amount from becoming statute barred for a further six years, meaning we can still enforce the jugdement for that time or longer with the courts permission.

We have endeavoured to be fair and reasonable ever since your account has been placed with us and as one last conciliatory effort to settle your account we are prepared to accept the following, if you:

1. Pay the amount by a one off apyment or by installments

2. contatc us by 29th June with your acceptnace and proposals to this offer.

In return, as soon as the amount has been paid we will:

1. Accept this as a full and final settlement

2. Write off the remaining balance

3. Update your credit file with a part settled flag

4. update this judgeemtn as satisfied.

This situation will not go awayuntil such time that you contact us and come to an arragement to settle your account. Contatc must be made by 29 june 09 to stop further action and save you more expense and a possible visit form the court bailiffs.

Does anybody have any idea how to responde to this letter or do i just have to cotact them and pay the amount to get them off my backs!

Are there any theards on here with advice

They have no legal powers to money off you, only a county court has & i bet they havent been anywhere near such a place, despite the way theyve worded that threatogram.:rolleyes:

Report them to the OFT/trading standards.

How can i be sure that they have not got a judgement against me though? is there a way of checking this out?

How do i go about reporting them?

regards

The thing is that they havent mentioned which court, so it would be hard to check?

Regards

David

Thats why i think they are talking DCA *ollocks :rolleyes:

You could check here - CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online - This may not apply for Scotland though (are you in Scotland ?)

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

I would write to them and request information on the judgement obtained in april 08, it does not sound like a normal threatagram - if however it is a threatagram then fire off letters to all and asundry because it's a nasty missleading one