Default Removal Vodafone please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, i have looked for this on the site i promise :) i have one default issued on my credit history and that was 4 years ago by Vodafone. this is the only black mark myself and partner have. we are both going for a mortgage at the moment and this is really messsing us up. i am really not sure what to so or how to proceed. there is so much information on here it bamboozles me and i am not great with this stuff at the best of times. any help that you can offer now matter how small would be greatly appreciated.

was your payment late? Did you default?

It matters not if you paid it off AFTER the event.

As for a mortgage. It will reduce the amount of lenders willing to deal with you thats for sure.

As long as the default shows as being satisfied (paid off) and no arrears owed you should be fine with a mortgage application.

Most mortgage companies will only be concerned if you have defaults or accounts currently behind with payments.

Mortgage applications actually tend to be easier to be accepted for than things like credit cards or unsecured loans because the mortgage is secured against the property so it's fairly low-risk for the lender in comparison to say a 0% credit card or a big unsecured loan.