You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

beachyuk

Parking Fine - Invalid?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4039 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi i recieved a PCN on my car from a private car parking agency. However they have made a mistake on the colour of the car (not even close on the colour...). can anyone offer any advice as to the validity of the ticket in this case?

Many Thanks.

bet its not a PCN its a PPC.

ignore them

do some reading in this forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

I have read some of the posts and the so called PCN does not name any council or police force, therefore i believe that it could be a PPC.

However after reading some posts i would like to point out that this is a company car and therefore any letters will go to my employer. should i do anything to detract this?

who is the RK ? employer or lease company ? either way you need to stop them paying it. what does your agreement for the car say ?

i believe my company leases the cars but im sure the cars are registered to the company. From memory, i am liable for parking fines which is fine, after all i can claim parking permits (so blame myself there...). its just knowing what move to make next. To be honest, im not the sort of person that can not just ignore things like this, id be waiting for the postman to deliver bad news, but also £70 is a hell of alot of money to pay out........ hence thats why i was asking about the error on the ticket.

there wont be any bad news.

it is a piece of worthless paper not a parking ticket

- bit like fly posting on winscreens.

you did not sign anything to park there, so they cannot claim you entered into any contract.

'someone' will get about 2 or so letters from them and then the guy on the next desk proporting to be a DCA or a solicitor, will send a couple.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Its not a fine it is an invoice (almost). the problem is that some lease companies auto pay these and then whack on a fee for doing it ! around 30-50 pounds normally. Good lease companies don't do this. Whoever they are identify them and get on top of them now to prevent them doing this to you. What does the agreement say exactly - don't paraphrase. Even for real council PCNs lease companies should not auto pay them as you have no chance to appeal - but as they are the 'person appearing to be the owner' they get away with it.

i will check with my fleet dept tomorrow to see how they deal with this and who notices would normally come to. Many thanks with all the advice that you guys have already offered and will post my findings here. Seems that there are many [problematic] out there trying to take advantage. Just glad i found this forum first before paying out like im sure many do.

Cheers guys.