• Tweets

• Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA or DCA Advice

blueotter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A new development, I’ve just received a default notice on one of the accounts, this was dated the same day as the cca reply so I’ve not even been able to put the account into dispute.

Advice welcome as I’m now worried about what to do ,should I still send in my reply putting the account into dispute ?

Default notice is dated 7th Sept ,putting the entire sum (9k) owed into default.

Many thanks

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cary on and send the letter above.

Keep the DN and the envelope in a safe place.

If you have just received the DN today, they are stuffed. Mark the letter, received xxxxx(date)

I suspect that it gives you until 24th to rectify. However, they have screwed these up on 2 fronts.

1. They need to give you 14 clear days to rectify the default. They send these letters out by UK mail, deemed second class so 4 days. This does not give you 14 days to rectify.

2. They can only claim the arrears in a DN, that is the amount to rectify the default and return the agreement to normal. Anything else is unlawful rescission, meaning the DN is faulty.

Vint,

Here's the notice, yes it was sent out via uk mail,you would think that something as important as a default notice should go recorded delivery wouldn't you.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=312bnud&s=3

I've just responded to another thread where somebody else has also received a default letter for the same date,seems there's a few been sent out !

So it looks like they've messed up then and therefore the notice is non enforceable,am I right in thinking that they can't default an account twice though ?

I'll get my reply to the cca in the post today, recorded delivery, meanwhile is there anything I can do ? no point in ringing them is there ? I wouldn't have much to say bar a wall of vented frustration.

One point though,the address that the notice was sent to isn't wher i live,is that going to make a difference ?

It's a member of my families but my mail has been sent there as I'm just on a short term rent now and will have to move again soon .They don't have any credit and don't use it so it hasn't been a problem for them.

Should I inform mbna I've moved though,problem being references for when I have to move again and I may be scuppered.

Thoeretically i could it sent to a pob no tho couldn't i ! Thinking ahead not sure what effect this has re a court appearance though ?

Any advice very welcome and what can I expect next from them please.

I have nothing for them to gain by taking me to court,nothing at all.no house,savings,nothing bar a baby on the way next year which is the only bright spot in my universe..

Edited by blueotter

Yes it's defective from what I can see. Not enough time to rectify and requesting the full ballance in DN. Keep it safe and also the envelope.

The cannot default the account twice, but may try.

I would not bother to let them know that they have failed.

Dont forget that if your mail is going to a family members hous, they may get the flack later.

In order to take you to court, they will need an enforcable agreement, the original.

Hence the need to put the account into dispute then ?

What’s the next illogical step for them here do you think ?

Give it to restons ? try and pass it on to a dca ?

What sort of timeframe are we talking about and do I just have to sit on the notice until I hear from them or should I try and be proactive in this ?

Sorry for the questions and thank you so much for your advice,I’ve so much going on here I feel like a failed juggler !

MBNA, are a law unto themelves;

they do not play by the rules!

You ask, what will be their next illogical step?

Try to make you life a misery;

sell the account to a dodgy dealing DCA etc..

All that you can do is to fight your corner;

put the account into formal dispute: ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE.

Battling with MBNA, is NOT for the faint hearted;

STAND UP TO THEM.

When the time comes let them take you to court and then counter-claim.

AC

No, sit tight. Put the account in dispute, then wait. You can never tell what their next move is.

Mine has been going on for 7 months, but don't loose any sleep. Without the origonal, they are stuffed.

Mine, three years plus vint...

MBNA, like to play dirty!

AC

Yup!

Link Financial claim that MBNA sold the account to them;

MBNA were investigating my complaint at the time and in default of CCA s78;

clearly, MBNA could not get rid of the LEMON quick enough...naughty MBNA, tut, tut, tut!

After, having showered arrows and thrown spears at both MBNA and Link, both appear to have crept back under their stones, for the time being.

Remember, that everything is computer diarised, also remember that MBNA always keep one finger in the pie; crafty little devils.

AC

3 years ! Why is it that they're prepared to pursue some people through the courts and some they don't ,is it like a lot of mbna's practices ,a complete lottery ?

oh by the way can i take it there's no point in making a token payment anymore then ?

3 years ! Why is it that they're prepared to pursue some people through the courts and some they don't ,is it like a lot of mbna's practices ,a complete lottery ?

oh by the way can i take it there's no point in making a token payment anymore then ?

One has to bear in mind, that every individual case is different.

At the end of the day, one just has to take a step back and consider;

how strong is my case?

That is the $64,000 question that, only an individual can make!

Once made, one has to stand by one's GUNS.

AC

Hi Blueotter, thanks for commenting on my thread.

It looks pretty much like you received the same docs I received as my CCA from MBNA. Did you read my entire thread ??

Just to wrap it up in a nutshell:

I contacted MBNA asking for a reduction in interest rate, their customer service dept said they couldn't help me. I found the CAG forum and read up on things.

First I CCA'd them, they didn't respond inside the 12+2 rule so I placed the account in dispute. They tried calling numerous times and then Global Vantage tried, I insisted on written correspondence.

I haven't made any payments since May 09 I think, I owe around £11K, allegedly. The "CCA" they sent me has what I think are 6 reasons the form is not executed properly, you probably have the exact same 6 errors on your form. I sent them another letter telling them that the account is still in dispute due to the CCA not being properly executed and listed the faults. I told them to produce a properly executed agreement or write off the debt essentially.

I sent a SAR last week and hope to see EXACTLY how much I have paid and what information they have on me. I will make a complaint about the PPI too - being self employed was not eligible so it was mis-sold.

I then got a call from customer assistance (claimed to have nothing to do with customer service) and they tried to be very helpful - even suggesting the interest rate could be dropped to zero. I wasn't dismissive but I told them to deal with my current requests and lets see where we are after that, lets see what agreement we can come to.

So, basically, I do not intend to pay them anything, there are numerous clauses to prescribed terms missing from the CCA they sent back to me and from what I have read they cannot be referred to on a different document, they must be contained within the 4 corners of the agreement I signed (their signature is not present by the way), there is no mention of a credit limit or the mention that there is no credit limit either. From what I have read, this is NOT enforceable by a court order. I would suggest yours is very similar.

It might not be a bad idea for you to list down ALL the errors on your CCA

so you know exactly what you are fighting with, good for your own peace of mind and it helps you to stand firm knowing EXACTLY why you are fighting.

Regards

Thanks for posting,interesting about the interest charges and you may be interested in reading this as i feel you can use this a a defence as well.

The amount owing is the same as me so we're very similar !

I understand mine doesn't have prescribed terms,a lot is linked and its not signed and doesn't indicate that its a cca,i need t ospend some more tim eon it though and read up,If you don't me asking wwhat have you found wrong with yours,perhaps i have the same grievances.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/219897-valid-reasons-credit-card-new-post.html

Hi, ok here is my list of "issues":

a. The prescribed terms are NOT on the page containing my signature.

b. There is no mention of a credit limit or that there is no credit limit, the only mention is that the credit limit “may change”.

c. A prescribed term regarding how much to pay (term 4.b) refers to a separate larger set of Terms & Conditions not present on my Credit Agreement making the agreement difficult to understand.

d. A prescribed term regarding when to pay (term 3) refers to a separate larger set of Terms & Conditions not present on my Credit Agreement making the agreement difficult to understand.

e. A term regarding the interest rate, not sure if it's prescribed (term 5.a) refers to a separate larger set of Terms and Conditions not present on my Credit Agreement making the agreement difficult to understand.

f. The lack of a creditor’s signature

Like I said, you probably have exactly the same issues on yours because what they sent you looks identical. I'm sending you a PM with another nugget that is missing from the CCA sent but I don't want to broadcast it in the event that MBNA spies are watching. ;)

Please please can you help. I am totally new to all this. I now live in Australia and have had to leave an MBNA credit card debt of around £2k behind me. I need to keep this from my husband and there was no way I could make arrangements to clear it without him knowing as I have given up my job to come here.

Stupidly, I just stopped paying them. They have no forwarding address and though neighbours have probably told them I am in Australia, they dont have my address here. I have received this email from them (M Arnott) though:

Hi xxx

Your account is currently 6 months in arrears and pre default, your balance is £2859.56 and arrears on the account are at £573.90. We have 3 options of what we can do to assist you.

1. We can restructure your account if you make 3 payments of £100.00 for September, October and November, this will bring your account and credit file back up to date.

1. Short settle your account for £1500.00 and this would bring your account to an end.

1. Long term arrangement to pay I would need your income and expenditure on the form enclosed, I can look at stopping interest and charges and reducing your monthly payments to a more manageable amount each month.

Please email me in regards to which option you think will be suitable towards your needs.

What should I do? I was, probably in vain, wondering if I reply, saying I have absolutely no money or job and offer £100 as a token one off to clear the account they might bite? Should I tell them I am in Australia (but not give them the address) hoping they will give in? Any advice would be very helpful but please, as I am new to this, make it as simple as you can.

Many many thanks, Katy.

In an effort to be proactive i have written a letter of complaint to oftel and would like to seek views on whether i should write to my MP and more to the point the specifics of what i should say.

Does anybody think i should seek his help in contesting the default notice or would it be better and more beneficial to me to leave it as in its current state its defective.

I'm stuck in a quandry,could just write to him outlining my problems with mbna,their refusal to comply with my request ,defaulting an account in dispute,harassment,interest jacking,unfair practices,validity as a responsible lender etc etc etc etc

Also would he need to know my account numbers or just name and address ?

Advice welcome please as i don't want to shoot my foot off.

Please please can you help. I am totally new to all this. I now live in Australia and have had to leave an MBNA credit card debt of around £2k behind me. I need to keep this from my husband and there was no way I could make arrangements to clear it without him knowing as I have given up my job to come here.

Stupidly, I just stopped paying them. They have no forwarding address and though neighbours have probably told them I am in Australia, they dont have my address here. I have received this email from them (M Arnott) though:

Hi xxx

Your account is currently 6 months in arrears and pre default, your balance is £2859.56 and arrears on the account are at £573.90. We have 3 options of what we can do to assist you.

1. We can restructure your account if you make 3 payments of £100.00 for September, October and November, this will bring your account and credit file back up to date.

1. Short settle your account for £1500.00 and this would bring your account to an end.

1. Long term arrangement to pay I would need your income and expenditure on the form enclosed, I can look at stopping interest and charges and reducing your monthly payments to a more manageable amount each month.

Please email me in regards to which option you think will be suitable towards your needs.

What should I do? I was, probably in vain, wondering if I reply, saying I have absolutely no money or job and offer £100 as a token one off to clear the account they might bite? Should I tell them I am in Australia (but not give them the address) hoping they will give in? Any advice would be very helpful but please, as I am new to this, make it as simple as you can.

Many many thanks, Katy.

Ignore it, they will not come to Australia.

Do you intend to live there for a long time?

Alternatively e mail this back to them.

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me by e mail regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance in the UK, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department in the UK and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

In an effort to be proactive i have written a letter of complaint to oftel and would like to seek views on whether i should write to my MP and more to the point the specifics of what i should say.

Does anybody think i should seek his help in contesting the default notice or would it be better and more beneficial to me to leave it as in its current state its defective.

I'm stuck in a quandry,could just write to him outlining my problems with mbna,their refusal to comply with my request ,defaulting an account in dispute,harassment,interest jacking,unfair practices,validity as a responsible lender etc etc etc etc

Also would he need to know my account numbers or just name and address ?

Advice welcome please as i don't want to shoot my foot off.

Oftel are now defunked. Ofcom have taken over, but do not deal with individual complaints. They are just logged.

If this is regarding calls, then try trading standards.

Just sit tight on the DN until terminated.

Hi,

I've started a new thread for you,no offence but i'd just like to keep this one for my battle with mbna which i fear will ultimately end up with court action.

That thread will always come up with your name. Poster will have to start their own.

Can't see what they have to go to court with.

I take it that you have put the account into dispute as advised.

Do nothing about the DN, leave it alone until you get the termination notice.

Account was put into dispute in july vint and then i sent another follow up letter disputing the cca,of course this was after receiving the default notice.Lost count of exactly how many times i reminded them.

I'll just sit and wait for their next piece of sublime action.

BlueOtter, good point actually.

When the account is in dispute the creditor can't demand any dosh or pass your details to any CRA. But what happens after the creditor sends the CCA ??? I mean, they have done what they are legally obliged to do, whether you think the CCA is legitimate or not, thats not their business.

Can anyone confirm that BlueOtter's standpoint has some legal grounding ? I mean, its all well and good us telling MBNA that what they sent us wasn't enforceable etc and that the account is still in dispute, but if MBNA don't think it is in dispute, who is right and who is wrong ?? Is it enough for us to tell them that the account is in dispute ?

What can be done legally if/when MBNA register details to CRAs when an account is in dispute ?