Recieved county court claim form with MY NAME as both claiment and Defendent advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recieved a claim form from northampton county court bulk centre

now i am named as both the Claimant AND the Defendent

it is for a paypal transcation that was disputed by the seller claiming he didnt recieve payment so in theory i am the defendent

What should i Do please will it be thrown out when the mistake he has put is realised

Thanks in Advance

My initial thought is that it is an abuse of process, and wouldn't make it past a judge whatsoever.....but i'm not sure as to the defence...i'd certainly DEFEND ALL if it was me....

what sort of defence would you put accross?

"i have never had any financial dealings with myself" lol

no my concern is that seeing as my name and address is on BOTH claimant and defendant how do i find out WHO sent it?

haha how can you defend... if you send it back the courts will send it straight back to you as the claimant :-D :-D

Unless he put a covering letter in with the N1 form how will the courts know how to contact whoever?

S.

Give them a call.

Let them know that you are named as both.

They may charge the claimaint to have them change as they are at fault for putting you as claimant/defendant.

If tehy dont pay, they may throw it out.

Train hard...Fight easy

Give them a call.

Let them know that you are named as both.

They may charge the claimaint to have them change as they are at fault for putting you as claimant/defendant.

If tehy dont pay, they may throw it out.

To change the claimant I believe will require an application to court if the defendant doesnt agree to the change :-D

£75 for an N244 is the going rate I believe :-D

S.

ive just spoken to the court and they say they dont have any other information on who the original claimant is other than i am named as both

they told me to dispute the full amount saying i know nothing about it and then it will probably be reissued by the claimant

but how will they know if the courts dont have any details on who they are?

im like a dog chasing my own tail lol

Dispute the amount, but in the letter state you are disputing because you dont recall not paying yourself back (you get my drift)

They will have details, I registered an online claim before and i had to give my email address, so they must have his, they just need to dig a little.

Thing is, im just wondering, if you dispute it, wont the court send you the letter sainy the defendant is disputing?

and the same vice versa, Rather ammusing in a way, but i can imagine the stress to come

Train hard...Fight easy