Pay-in at Post Office gone missing

allybee13

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm hoping that somebody on here will be able to help. My mum paid money into her bank account (First Direct) at our local Post Office on 8th June and it still hasn't reached her account. The PO has checked everything at their end and as far as they're concerned the payment went through. First Direct are saying that they can't see anything in the system.

Can anyone advise on who my mum can contact or what either of these institutions should really be looking for?

Any help would be much appreciated.

She will have been given a receipt by the Post Office, so armed with that, she should chase them up.

You can write to them (enclosing a copy of the receipt), at:

Post Office® Customer Care

FREEPOST

PO Box 740

Barnsley

S73 0ZJ

or use email.

Email: [email protected]

If customer care can't help, then you can escalate it to complaints

Yep it is up to PO to demonstrate to you that they processed it correctly! Not just tell you but prove to you. I had this at a barclays a few weeks ago; the branch assured it gone through, so I said prove it, when they checked with cetral proceesing, no record of it; two days later they found it behind a cabinet, slipped of the desk before being entered. Ask for print out of upload process.

Are you sure you put all the the correct details on the transfer slip?