You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

allybee13

Pay-in at Post Office gone missing

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4042 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm hoping that somebody on here will be able to help. My mum paid money into her bank account (First Direct) at our local Post Office on 8th June and it still hasn't reached her account. The PO has checked everything at their end and as far as they're concerned the payment went through. First Direct are saying that they can't see anything in the system.

Can anyone advise on who my mum can contact or what either of these institutions should really be looking for?

Any help would be much appreciated.

She will have been given a receipt by the Post Office, so armed with that, she should chase them up.

You can write to them (enclosing a copy of the receipt), at:

Post Office® Customer Care

FREEPOST

PO Box 740

Barnsley

S73 0ZJ

or use email.

Email: customercare@postoffice.co.uk

If customer care can't help, then you can escalate it to complaints

Yep it is up to PO to demonstrate to you that they processed it correctly! Not just tell you but prove to you. I had this at a barclays a few weeks ago; the branch assured it gone through, so I said prove it, when they checked with cetral proceesing, no record of it; two days later they found it behind a cabinet, slipped of the desk before being entered. Ask for print out of upload process.

Are you sure you put all the the correct details on the transfer slip?

By the way got £25 exgratia payment as it was a large sum and moaned about interest etc.

Thanks everyone. It has mysteriously turned up this afternoon. The PO hadn't processed it properly.