You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi,  I'm new here, and hoping that this is the right place to post this.   I applied for pip and was awarded standard mobility (10 points).  I did an M.R. but got the same result. They acknowledge that I can't leave my house without having someone with me. They accept that I'm not completely housebound as I go out to appointments, which are not a regular occurrence, they also said that they can't award me enhanced because I'm not out most days.  Is this correct?  Surely it shouldn't matter how often I go out? 
    • The Legal Ombudsman has a wider remit than the SRA, and can always refer matters on to the SRA where they find a breach of the SRA's code.   I'd suggest writing to the solicitors, highlighting these issues, asking them to refund the money. If they don't then complain to the LO.
    • Good morning all,   I have an update for you all, shortly after my first hearing i was told i would need to have a rehearing with another company, Obviously i agreed but after the initial grievance hearing the person then asked me to enter into a private conversation, I have received the settlement offer and are disgusted as its not even half of my monthly  salary, I'm not sure what to do at this stage as i dont have the funds to finance a solicitor,so any advice would be appreciated.  
    • Sorry, but what does this mean?   Who are ARC? It would be helpful if you could be a little bit more clear about what happened. I don't understand why you are not simply proceeding against Amazon – because it is clearly their responsibility as it was their driver or courier company
    • I understand that you were involved in a contentious divorce in respect of which there was a bill for court costs – £850. You decided to challenge the costs in court and you lost and an order was made against you. We decided to appeal the order but before the appeal was heard, the solicitors made you a without prejudice offer of a 50-50 split – £425. You agree to this and you signed the document to that effect which you returned to the solicitors. Despite that the solicitors are now trying to impose the original £850 order. Is that the correct order of events? "Without prejudice" is certainly something that doesn't seem to be very well understood, including by solicitors. "Without prejudice" can protect an offer from being disclosed to the court where the offer has been refused so that it is not binding on anyone. However, without prejudice cannot be used to hide everything from the court – including wrongdoings, unethical behaviour et cetera. It seems to me that once you sign the agreement you effectively had a contract. I'd like to know a little bit more about the agreement that you signed but presumably it was intended to bring a halt to any further proceedings. I don't think there is any difficulty about disclosing a contract to the court in the circumstances. It is only the offer which was made without prejudice. Once the agreement was accepted and signed then the document acquired a wholly different character. It was no longer an offer open to be accepted or refused. It was a legally binding contract which imposed obligations upon both sides. In my view the solicitors have acted in a highly unethical way and I would begin by making a complaint to the SRA. I wonder whether the solicitors proposed the 50-50 split to you without consulting with their client and when they then contacted their client and told her what had been agreed, she refused to accept it and on that basis the solicitors recognised that they had made an error but rather than accept their responsibility and footing the £425 out of their own pockets, they preferred to get it from you. Of course this is just speculation but it seems to me to be quite a possible scenario. I'd like to see the agreement post up here please – that my sense is that you should complain to the SRA and you should tell the solicitors that this is what you're doing.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
willow1261

MBNA How low can they go?!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4040 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone.

I have been helping my friend to fight MBNA for the last few months now. She has 4 credit cards with them dating from 1999 onwards. They sent all 4 accounts to Restons who filed in court against her even though they were in dispute at the time.

She got 3 application forms back from her CCA letter and one they advised they couldnt find. They also sent her made up default letters on blank paper ( no letter heads).

I put together a defence for her for each account and she sent them back to court. At the beginning of June the court wrote to her confirming receipt of defences and giving Restons 28 days to reply to them.

However this week she has received from MBNA new credit statements transfering the balances of all 4 credit cards onto new accounts with new numbers. They have also added on each account 2 x legal and court costs. ( not just the normal costs but twice the amounts!!)

Restons have not been in touch to say court action has been discontinued, and MBNA have not mentioned it in their covering letters with these new statements, which read like a welcoming letter for a new account.

What is going on?

Does anyone else have experience of this. Do the court cases still stand? Can MBNA do this?

It reads to me that they have reclaimed the accounts but why change all the account numbers? If they were unenforceable before they definately are now as she has not signed any new agreements.

Does anyone have any ideas what her next move should be, as I have no idea now what to advise her to do. HELP!!! !

Thanks

Willow X

Subbing

Train hard...Fight easy

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Well done on fighting this for your friend. MBNA think they can write their own rules but will find they can't - did your friend have original default notices on these accounts, have you made sure they have given the correct time to remedy i.e. 14 days plus allowing for postage, also if these are the only default notices, they will not stand up without the original creditor's name and address. They love changing the account numbers, they say it is due to system update or charge off. Just keep all the evidence for court and if you don't get a copy of their defence by the required time, phone the court to advise them of this and as they say join the happy band of MBNA haters!

Already joined miss muppet, i consider it my duty to help anyone with problems with MBNA!! They were vile to me over a period of about 6 months. In the end they sold my account to equidebt which was so much easier than this senario. I CCa'd them over 18 months ago and still waiting!!!

willow X:lol:

Hi Willow that sounds like excellent news, thats what happened in my case, they had nothing but still went to court and got a bloody nose!:D

Hi everyone.

However this week she has received from MBNA new credit statements transfering the balances of all 4 credit cards onto new accounts with new numbers. They have also added on each account 2 x legal and court costs. ( not just the normal costs but twice the amounts!!)

It reads to me that they have reclaimed the accounts but why change all the account numbers? If they were unenforceable before they definately are now as she has not signed any new agreements.

Does anyone have any ideas what her next move should be, as I have no idea now what to advise her to do. HELP!!! !

Call me paranoid if you want to, but I see a possible plan from MBNA here!:eek:

They have 4 unenforceable CCA 1974 accounts that they were about to take a kicking over.

They then open 2 CCA 2006 accounts and transfer the balances.

The CCA 2006 accounts might be enforceable without a signature if it looks as though the debtor has used them.

I would be writing to MBNA to tell them that I had received statements for 2 accounts that I did not recognise and to let me know what was going on. I certainly wouldn't be making any offer of payment on them because of my paranoia.

But I would also be waiting to see what others thought!

Call me paranoid if you want to, but I see a possible plan from MBNA here!:eek:

They have 4 unenforceable CCA 1974 accounts that they were about to take a kicking over.

They then open 2 CCA 2006 accounts and transfer the balances.

The CCA 2006 accounts might be enforceable without a signature if it looks as though the debtor has used them.

They cant blindly commit you to a CCA2006 agreement on a new account, the CCA is not binding unless signed by both parties.

If the CCA agreements are unenforceable then they remain that way no matter what the lender/creditor does.

S.

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

They cant blindly commit you to a CCA2006 agreement on a new account, the CCA is not binding unless signed by both parties.

If the CCA agreements are unenforceable then they remain that way no matter what the lender/creditor does.

S.

I thought that was one of the major differences between CCA1974 & 2006

If the creditor couldn't produce the CCA then a judge would look at the way the account had been conducted to determine the validity of the debt.

So if a debtor consolidated CCA 1974 debts into a new CCA 2006 agreement, they would have lost the protection given by CCA 1974.

If the creditor could show that the account was opened & the debtor made regular payments, but couldn't locate the agreement, they might still get a judgement.

I thought that was one of the major differences between CCA1974 & 2006

If the creditor couldn't produce the CCA then a judge would look at the way the account had been conducted to determine the validity of the debt.

So if a debtor consolidated CCA 1974 debts into a new CCA 2006 agreement, they would have lost the protection given by CCA 1974.

If the creditor could show that the account was opened & the debtor made regular payments, but couldn't locate the agreement, they might still get a judgement.

I think you may be confusing things here... there are no CCA1974 agreements or CCA2006 agreements as far as I'm aware... there is A agreement...

This is governed by the CCA1974 cos none of the lenders currently issue agreements governed by the CCA2006.

Agreements entered into after April 2007 I believe are also governed by amendments to the CCA1974 which came in the CCA2006 namely the loss of prescribed terms being a problem and no agreement.

Accounts opened after that date are deemed enforceable by default due to this.

So if they open a new account and yet you have the paperwork to show the old agreement details or the CRA still shows the account opened in xxxx instead of post April 2007 they will be committing fraud in my opinion.

S.

Deal with your debts:

The new account numbers are probably due to the fact that the sums have been charged off for tax purposes. That is pretty standard. As Shadow has correctly stated, there is only one agreement (or 4 in this case!) and if it was entered into prior to 6 April 2007 then it will be governed by CCA74.

I don't believe they should be adding on the court costs to the statement (or doubling them for that matter) as costs are for the Judge to award and not MBNA. However, it might help your case if they serve papers and claim incorrect amounts due to this.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

I don't believe they should be adding on the court costs to the statement (or doubling them for that matter) as costs are for the Judge to award and not MBNA. However, it might help your case if they serve papers and claim incorrect amounts due to this.

Yep. 1st instinct would be to send copies of the papers to the court, however it could well be an idea to let them hang themselves.

David

I think the best plan of action is to hold tight for now and see if we hear back from Restons. Maybe they have passed the accounts back to MBNA as they knew they had no chance to win!

It just throws me that they have come back with new credit card numbers set out in normal statement form. One of the minium payments on one account is over £900.!!

As far as we are concerned this is still ongoing through the court system.

She sent them the harrasment letter a few months ago and that did the trick after a week or so after it was sent, now she is getting lots of withheld calls again throughout the day starting when she got these new statements.. She doesnt take with held calls anymore, so cant say for sure its MBNA.

Coincidence?? I doubt it!!

Willow x