• Tweets

• Hello, yesterday Barclays Bank put my account under review suddenly just i received a message about that to wait 7 days . I ve been to local branch and they didn't tell me any information saying to me to wait 14 days . The problem is I think they will take longer than they said and I can't wait so much cause I need the money for my own company and to live life daily. This situation its caused me a sever anxiety, I dont know what to do . I can prove that I m a self employed . Can somebody tell me what should I do ?  Some contact numbers or email addresses where can I text about this problem? I m new on this platform and I dont know how to manage this . Thank you
    • Hello yesterday Barclays Bank blocked my account with a substantial amount and I didnt get any reason for this issue why they put my account under review. I m a self employed and all the money blocked are very important to me to open my own company .. Can I get some information about what should I do in this case.  I ve been to the local branch but they didn't give me any information just to wait 14 days and I can t do that .
    • harveys are not the creditor, so them stating you should continue to make payments and you will not receive your payments back is immaterial.   the administrators of harveys are not your target. creation finance are.     these issues should be directed toward creation under p'haps a section 75 claim ....as they are the creditor ...they are equally responsible for the actions or inactions of either harveys or bensons.   we can appreciate you have had the usual run around, we are not indicating you have lied, merely pointing to the fact that you innocently believed what you have been told to date.   go get your moneyback and get the finance agreement cancelled.   dx 
    • you've not moved so until or unless you get a letter of claim via royal mail you ignore them.   as for anything on your credit file it should fall off after 6yrs.   dx    
    • 1st. it is not illegal for you, as the home owner, to open letters addressed to 'others' not resident at your address.   2nd because you did or did not employ the above, ultimately, this has led to a court judgement being handed down. the bailiff company have employed, quite rightly,  the methods that are legally available to them to trace the defendant.   rightly or wrongly they have traced you.   you need to write to the bailiff company concerned briefly explaining the above stating you are not the said person. you also need to write to the judgement court the same. you also need to write to the relevant rail toc    never use the phone.   dx      
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4186 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We are doing the whole we don't live at this address thing....

They tried to set the trap of having securemail try to deliver something that we needed to sign for to confirm that we live at the address but we didn't fall for that one.

We heard from someone that debt collection agencies have access to where you live on the council tax, is that true?

I was telling my girlfriend I shouldn't think they would put much effort in trying to get a debt that is under £50, but is this likely to ramp up to something in the hundreds or thousands?

We are a bit broke at the moment, and really didn't want to pay for a water bill from an old house that the other housemates didn't bother paying, any advice would be great!

Thanks

We heard from someone that debt collection agencies have access to where you live on the council tax, is that true?

Thanks

:eek:

Ctax data... I would hope not! As far as I know thats not legal

DCA's have access to the public version of the Electoral Roll, if you register to vote then the data can be sold on.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

council tax register and the electoral roll is 2 different things.

Electoral roll anyone can access if they pay, council tax register no they can't.

Don't register to vote and you become more difficult to trace - however remember that if you are paying bills at your new address you have transferred from your old i.e. credit cards etc they can link your address on your credit file which again can be searched.

yeah the council tax register (the same as being able to vote, i think)

Eeek, just done a google and it shows that the EROLL register shows voters @ a property and the CTAX register shows owners of a dwelling.

ICO approves council tax data share ? The Register

S.

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Eeek, just done a google and it shows that the EROLL register shows voters @ a property and the CTAX register shows owners of a dwelling.

ICO approves council tax data share ? The Register

S.

As that reads they would have to tell you that they are planning to share the data and who with - as the article is dated 2007 and so far I don't think this has happened maybe it has been dropped.

I certainly hope so

As that reads they would have to tell you that they are planning to share the data and who with - as the article is dated 2007 and so far I don't think this has happened maybe it has been dropped.

I certainly hope so

Me too, Might query with my local council on who they share their ctax register with.

S.

Deal with your debts:

We don't own the place we're just renting, didn't register to vote, landlord pays water, gas and electric was top-up in the last place......

I think her name is only down to pay council tax and for her bank to send bank statements, no credit card only a simple current account with debit card.

Is there any way they can trace her? Maybe that's why they resorted to the securemail trick?

Thanks for all your answers!

The bank will update your credit file and the bedt collectors will find it from there.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

perhaps for £50 it would be a lot better to come to a payment arrangement with them of say £5 a week/month - do you want the hassle of them chasing you and the debt adding and adding for a relatively small amount of money??

Is it worth searching a credit file for less than £40?

yep - they buy in bulk - the can access as many people as they want as many times as they want for a set fee so worth it really.