Ticket after parking in different free bay?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not sure how correct I am on this - any help is appreciated!

I was parked in a free bay (free for two hours), in Tottenham, London on a small side street. I parked about 2.30ish, then moved the car at about 4.30pm and went to Tesco. I came back at about 5.50ish and parked in the free bay next to the one I was in. You see, its a long road with a residents only bay, then a residents only till certain time bay, then a free bay. But the free bay ends, and another free bay starts. I thought that means they are two different parking bays? I mean If I parked on the free bay down the street, that wouldn't be the same would it? This is kinda how the bays look.. if you get what I mean?

[ Residents only][Residents only till 6pm][Free parking for two hours][Free parking for two hours]

Anyhow, it seems at 6pm I was given a ticket 'For staying longer than allowed in a free space'.

How do they even prove this? I mean, the only truthful way is to photo every car, then photo every car again a second time? Do they do this?

Any how.. help please...?

Yeah, It's a council ticket, and yeah there wasn't any return within 2 hours.

However, I did park in a different bay. If it's the same bay, why the end marking? It has the same end marking between the free bay and the residents one.