You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
    • Pubs all seem to be doing a roaring trade around here. It does make me feel uncomfortable but At least they are finally making some money. Our area, the South West never really got hit badly by the pandemic. Wiltshire has regularly seeing zero confirmed cases and deaths. So we will have to see how opening pubs really pans out!     
    • Thanks for filling in the forum sticky and well done on reading up.  The more info. we all take in, the more we know what the real legal position is and how to fight sharks like CEL.   As you'll have seen, CEL are one of the most dishonest and greediest of the PPCs.  If you had indisputable proof that your car was on Mars at the time, they'd find a way to reject your appeal!  Sadly POPLA has become more & more useless, as your experience shows.  Instead of managing the car park in a professional manner, it's highly likely that CEL don't illuminate the signs at night deliberately in order to catch out motorists like yourself.   The good news is that the only person who can make you pay this "debt" is a judge, after a court case.  So from now on ignore any begging letters from CEL and/or their rent-a-threat DCAs, but do not ignore a Letter Before Action/Claim which is a formal notice of intention to start court proceedings.  However, don't waste your time while ignoring them, build a case.  Like dx says, look up the planning permission.  If the KFC is local to you, go back in the evening and get pix of their pathetic signage.  Please post up what you wrote in your appeal too.   As a belt & braces approach, get on to KFC and demand they cancel the ticket.  Show all the proof you were a genuine customer and point out that you stayed an extra 19 minutes because you were consuming more food & drink!  However, what we often find is that the bod who runs the local branch often doesn't have much power, so don't faff around.  If the local branch don't cancel within 48 hours get on to to the area manager, and if you get no joy there in 48 hours go to CEO level.   It's highly likely that if you had complained to KFC straight away and ignored CEL's kangaroo court procedure that the matter would have been resolved there & then, but hey, what is done is done and you still have a great chance of seeing off these fleecers.
    • if you are twisting sideways to takaway pubs? rather than opening pubs as you initially referred   ... thats always been cheaper at off licences and supermarkets isn't it, and rather defeats the point of pubs, and restaurants?   WHAT are you actually saying/claiming/suggestion if anything?
    • They have got a plan https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/restaurants-offering-takeaway-or-delivery   It seems pretty clear to me.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
RoryM

MBNA - CCA...... again..........

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4035 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Here's the story so far........

My Subject Access Request was delivered by recorded post to MBNA on 20/4/2009 and I received their response today (17/6/2009). I make that a total of 58 days, as opposed to the statutory 40 days. I submitted a complaint to the ICO on 11th June to highlight this breach.

In my original request I stated the following:

Please send me the information which I am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to Account Numbers 4129 xx xx 8059 and 4129 xx xx 1240. Please would you also advise me of the logic involved in any automated decisions taken by you about us pursuant to section 7(1) (d) of the Data Protection Act 1998.

In today's response they have provided:

MBNA:

A copy of the signed credit card agreement / copy of application - poor quality! (Signed 24/1/200 by me, stamped by them 2/2/2000)

A copy of the executed agreement together with current terms and conditions

Account transaction history

They also go on to note:

"We appreciate the copy of the original agreement is not very clear in parts but it is the best copy we can provide. For avoidance of any doubt, all of the necessary and prescribed terms are included in the credit agreement. In addition, you will find terms are also set out in the copy of the current credit agreement we are providing you with, and are sufficient for the purposes of the Consumer credit Act."

A&L:

A copy of the executed agreement together with current terms and conditions

Account transaction history

They go on to note:

"A copy of the signed credit card application form and agreement is not available due to archive retrieval issues. Should we hold any correspondence for the accounts(s), in accordance with section 7 of the Data Protection Act, this will be forwarded separately within the 40 day time period"

So, my understanding is as follows:

Alliance and Leicester is pretty cut and dried - no signed agreement = unenforceable!! Am I right? - Does anyone have a good letter to get this one out the way, so I can focus on the other one?

If so, is there a proper form of words I should use to get this sorted out and avoid paying them any more money in the meantime?

MBNA - they seem a bit more confident that this one is enforceable, but one key issue is that over the years, they raised my limit a number of times without me requesting it, which I understand puts them on shaky ground, although they have not responded to this point from my original request (the same applies to A&L by the way!).

What are the key points I need to look for to crack this agreement and where should I look? I don't for instance see anything that specifies the amount of credit....... Has anyone taken MBNA on and won with an agreement from about the same period?

Does the fact that they have failed to comply with the 40 days mean anything like the 12 day limit if you put in a request under the CCA?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Having already gained some insight, what I need are:

1) the template for a letter to A&L stating (in appropriate legal pleasantries) that they can now spin on my finger for their money!

2) a solid definition of what constitutes a legally binding agreement with MBNA against the signed contract ..... and/or an indication of where they screwed up and I can exploit this to my benefit.

The "gotcha" is that the quality of what they sent me means that it just won't scan in a way that is useful to post here - the file sizes are either 7Mb per page to get anything close to decent resolution, or so grainy as to be useless - I'll keep trying to resolve this and will post the two pages later if I'm able......

"We appreciate the copy of the original agreement is not very clear in parts but it is the best copy we can provide. For avoidance of any doubt, all of the necessary and prescribed terms are included in the credit agreement. In addition, you will find terms are also set out in the copy of the current credit agreement we are providing you with, and are sufficient for the purposes of the Consumer credit Act."

The agreement must be legible & the prescribed terms must be within the 'four corners' of the signed agreement. These must include; credit limit, repayment terms, %APR etc.

Alliance and Leicester is pretty cut and dried - no signed agreement = unenforceable!!
Yes

1) the template for a letter to A&L stating (in appropriate legal pleasantries) that they can now spin on my finger for their money!

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

within the 'four corners' of the signed agreement.

Thank you Cerberus Alert!

If the Ts and Cs are on the flip-side of the page and not visible on the page that contains the signature - does that mean it's not within the four corners.......? What about if they refer out to external documents that are not part of the signed document.....?

What if the original was legible but the copy supplied is not......?

Apologies for more questions, but if I'm going to take them on, I'd rather be "watertight" from Day 1, as I'm sure you understand!

In terms of the link you sent me, this looks like a request under the CCA, rather than the DPA - not a problem, I can amend this information and the bits relating to 12 days, etc.

The key bit for me is "true copy of the executed agreement" what does that mean in plain English.....?

Again, more questions - apologies!

R/

• Haha 1

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I looked at that - it's an excellent document!!

It does, however, assume a level of legal knowledge which, if I had it, I probably wouldn't need to ask the questions I'm asking...... it's like being given a technical manual for an application that assumes I already know how to programme in that language......

I need something that assumes I don't know the ins and outs of the legal equivalent of HTML, C++, or whatever...........?

Don't think I'm being ungrateful - far from it, I just need a little more detail to kick-start me.

Cheers

R/

Edited by RoryM
grammar cock-ups