You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

lokidog

redundancy help needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4039 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am being made redundant and am being given 1 months payment in lew of notice however I have been informed that I will be taxed on this payment. Can somone please confirm that this is correct?

Also, I wish to contest the redundancy on the grounds that they have not used the correct proceedure. Can anyone recommend where I can obtain good free advice? I have kept all correspondance and could do with it being reviewed to confirm if I have a case.

Many thanks.

Redundancy payments up to £30K are tax free. Join a Union and they will help you big time. How long have you been with the employer as if it's less that 2 years then sorry, no redundancy. Also were you actually being employed by the company you worked for i.e. you were not a contractor etc.

The PILON can also be paid tax-free as it is damages for breach of contract rather than pay,

If it is not paid tax-free, then the tax can be reclaimed from HMRC later.

Pay to final work date and holiday pay will be taxable.