Paying PCN within 14 days

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Damn, misunderstanding on my part regarding allowed time on my recent pcn ( see other threads).:mad:

Ok, yes, I certainly have left it till the last minute, (slap my wrist) but my intention was to pay in the 14 day period at the 50% reduced rate of £50. I just went online to pay it and it's saying £100. Re-reading my ticket, it says the reduction is:

"before the end of the period of 14 days beginning with the date on which the penalty chanrge notice was served". I took that to mean 14 days FROM the 3rd of june (that's the issue date of the pcn) which I figured would be till before midnight on the 17th june, ie, by tonight. But I guess they meant 14 calendar days including the 3rd, ie, before midnight on the 16th, yesterday. Is there anything I can do about this in regards to my misunderstanding? I know some of you will say it's obvious, but surely it can be also seen as perhaps a little vague? It doesn't say "before the end of 14 CALENDAR days" so anyone could assume it meant 14 days FROM.

I could pay online now so that they know I paid on the date I always thought was within the reduced period and have a case to maybe get a refund?

Edited by Danny54

You could try appealing using any old excuse ASAP even if it fails the Council are more than likely daft enough not to realise and re-offer the discountif you get rejected.

Yeah, but, I'd still have to pay online before midnight tonight, yes? Otherwise I'd definitely be after the 14th day. You mean pay and then appeal, right?

Oh, I see what you mean. Appeal against the ticket itself as opposed to the 14 day time limit and then maybe get another reduction offer. Yep, good idea.

Yeah, but, I'd still have to pay online before midnight tonight, yes? Otherwise I'd definitely be after the 14th day. You mean pay and then appeal, right?

Oh, I see what you mean. Appeal against the ticket itself as opposed to the 14 day time limit and then maybe get another reduction offer. Yep, good idea.

Yes, date the letter a day or two ago then just appeal for the best reason you can think of and they could fail to realise and re offer you the discount.

Yes, date the letter a day or two ago then just appeal for the best reason you can think of and they could fail to realise and re offer you the discount.

Yeah. Well, if they don't let me off paying the ticket completely, I'd like to think they might offer me the discount again, but I suspect they'll probably expect me to cough up the full £100 since I'm now technically into the second half of the total 28 day period. Dating the letter a couple of days ago suggests to them that I posted the appeal within the 14 day period, but that it was delayed by the royal mail, giving me a better chance of getting another 14 day discount. That's what you mean right? Devious. I like it :D