Goodwillie and Corcoran - Liability Order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Have read with interest various threads regarding the above. My gf has had a liability order issued against her (before I knew her) and in January received a letter from Goodwillie and Corcoran who had been instructed as balliffs. She agreed to pay £200 then and £100 per month in payment of this debt - which she has kept to.

On Monday she returned home from work to find a letter from Goodwillie and Corcoran saying that they had called to enforce the liability order against her. She rang them and they said that the agreement was for £150 per month, not £100 per month. Neither has any documentation to prove.

Anyway I got involved today and spoke to Mr Anderson, the balliff, as he is apparently due to visit tomorrow. I said that this amount was in dispute and that no further action should be taken until it was resolved. He disagreed and said that he was entitled to enforce anyway.

I've since had a brief word with the council who have said that they will advise Mr Anderson not to attend the property until he has spoken with the council.

Now, what do we need to do next? We do not as yet have a breakdown of the amounts. My girlfriend has a car parked outside her house. She also has no lock on her garden gate.

I am guessing that she sells the car to me tonight and that I ensure that the car has "Property of Mr Nurselayer" signs put in its windows?

Find some way of locking the garden?

Ensure all windows and doors are locked - what about the cat flap?

Don't answer the door, don't agree to sign anything.

What next? What else?

Many thanks for your help in this.

Nurselayer v Natwest - Settled in Full :D

Sadly, I have gGot a few other issues deal with right now mate, but get the car away from the property if it is registered to her.

It is in her name with the DVLA, and on her property. That in itself is enough for the Baillif to Levy.

You have done the right thing speaking to the Council. The Baillifs are employed by the Council, and therefore have to answer to them.

Put any garden furniture out of the way, and lock the shed. They will Levy upon it and the game then changes.

They are bullies, and seeking to extort money from your gf.

Just take the precautions and someone will be along with some more detailed advice.;)

I went through this issue re you car.

Bit lengthy, but read the thread - top and bottom of it is if it is away from the property, and they do not know the reg plate, it should be safe I think. I hope it helps. :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/202038-can-bailliffs-check-dvla.html