You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Zaka

Sainsburys Automated Checkout Payments

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4042 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Yesterday I tried to pay for my shopping at an automated checkout at Sainsburys with my bank card. However the payment was declined as I guess I didn't have enough in the account so I paid in cash instead. I went to my bank this morning only to find that the account had been debited the amount for the shopping! :mad:

So in effect I have paid twice even though the machine told me the card was declined. Anyone know what is going on here?! Will I be refunded the amount on the card in due time or should I call then bank or Sainsburys?

Thanks, Zak

You should find it automatically refunded in the next couple of days, There is a very similar thread on here where same thing happened in Asda. It seems that there are occasionally problems with the servers in that your bank actually did authorise the transaction and sent the Auth code, but it didn't make it back to the terminal you were at, therefore as no code is recieved the terminal declines it! In the thread I mentioned before it came to light that the system breifly went down at the precise moment that the Auth code was requested. Sainsburys will know that they have recieved 2 payments for the same transaction and with usually just bounce the card debit back to your bank.

Hope this helps

• Haha 1

Great - I will keep an eye on the account over the next few days then. Thanks!