You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
    • Pubs all seem to be doing a roaring trade around here. It does make me feel uncomfortable but At least they are finally making some money. Our area, the South West never really got hit badly by the pandemic. Wiltshire has regularly seeing zero confirmed cases and deaths. So we will have to see how opening pubs really pans out!     
    • Thanks for filling in the forum sticky and well done on reading up.  The more info. we all take in, the more we know what the real legal position is and how to fight sharks like CEL.   As you'll have seen, CEL are one of the most dishonest and greediest of the PPCs.  If you had indisputable proof that your car was on Mars at the time, they'd find a way to reject your appeal!  Sadly POPLA has become more & more useless, as your experience shows.  Instead of managing the car park in a professional manner, it's highly likely that CEL don't illuminate the signs at night deliberately in order to catch out motorists like yourself.   The good news is that the only person who can make you pay this "debt" is a judge, after a court case.  So from now on ignore any begging letters from CEL and/or their rent-a-threat DCAs, but do not ignore a Letter Before Action/Claim which is a formal notice of intention to start court proceedings.  However, don't waste your time while ignoring them, build a case.  Like dx says, look up the planning permission.  If the KFC is local to you, go back in the evening and get pix of their pathetic signage.  Please post up what you wrote in your appeal too.   As a belt & braces approach, get on to KFC and demand they cancel the ticket.  Show all the proof you were a genuine customer and point out that you stayed an extra 19 minutes because you were consuming more food & drink!  However, what we often find is that the bod who runs the local branch often doesn't have much power, so don't faff around.  If the local branch don't cancel within 48 hours get on to to the area manager, and if you get no joy there in 48 hours go to CEO level.   It's highly likely that if you had complained to KFC straight away and ignored CEL's kangaroo court procedure that the matter would have been resolved there & then, but hey, what is done is done and you still have a great chance of seeing off these fleecers.
    • if you are twisting sideways to takaway pubs? rather than opening pubs as you initially referred   ... thats always been cheaper at off licences and supermarkets isn't it, and rather defeats the point of pubs, and restaurants?   WHAT are you actually saying/claiming/suggestion if anything?
    • They have got a plan https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/restaurants-offering-takeaway-or-delivery   It seems pretty clear to me.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4034 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys im sure I no this but when can the bailiff charge a van fee is it ONLY when they do infact move goods in it or on it if its a flat bed Equita say they charged an atending to remove fee to move my wifes car from the drive thanks guys

Edited by bailiffbasher69

Guest Happy Contrails

Council tax, no such fee is allowed.

Parking tickets regulations (The Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs) Regulations 1993) provides for reasonable costs for bringing a van to an address with a view to transporting goods belonging to the debtor in it. If no goods belonging to the debtor are transported in the van or the van is owned by the bailiff or his firm and he has already charged the debtor a separate visit fee as prescribed elsewhere in the regulations then reasonable costs = £0.00. Operative word is costs, its not a fee.

What is exactly your problem with them ?

So whats cooking today ?

Check out my thread on page 2 can some one post council tax regulation and enforcment link can't remember but I thought I read they can charge resonable costs when no goods are moved please help I'm getting confused now

Ok guys had a letter from Equita saying why a £130 enforcment fee was charged they say a bailiff called with a van with a view to remove goods it says {where following the levy where goods are not removed} these atendance charges are coverd under header c of the council tax administration and enforcement regulations is this right please help none of my goods were actuly moved and never have been thanks guys

i am having a similar prob regarding van fees i was charged £225 for a van which never came and told by the council that it was with a view to remove goods...

have been told that yes they can charge van fees only if a levy has been made and even if they do not remove goods which i always thought that they had to remove goods to charge for the van fee have been looking round but cant get a proper answer on this as a lot of peopls views are different where ever you go...if you find anything out that you think is right please let me know thanks

Council tax, no such fee is allowed.

Parking tickets regulations (The Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs) Regulations 1993) provides for reasonable costs for bringing a van to an address with a view to transporting goods belonging to the debtor in it. If no goods belonging to the debtor are transported in the van or the van is owned by the bailiff or his firm and he has already charged the debtor a separate visit fee as prescribed elsewhere in the regulations then reasonable costs = £0.00. Operative word is costs, its not a fee.

apparently yes they can charge van fees for council tax i asked the council for a screenshot of the charges on my account and they said that £225 was for van fees with a intention of removing goods now surely if they went aloud to add them charges the council would know wouldn't they?????not saying you are wrong but am getting such mixed replies dont know if im coming or going with this one lol

the council tell as many porkies as the baliffs

I'm not 100% sure but I thought they were allowed to charge a van fee but only if a walking posession and levy had been done previously - I believed these cannot be done on the same day as the attendance with a van. Also the charges have to be reasonable i.e. what it would cost you to hire the same van size from a rental company for the time they were at your premises.

I stand to be corrected though

The Distress for Rent Rules 1988Uksi_19882050_en_034.gifi wonder if this apples to council tax as well as rent

Guest Happy Contrails

No it doesn't.

thanks for reply

I would think there has to be something that beaks down van charges will have to keep looking

Guest Happy Contrails

There is no regs IFAIK that prescribe costs for turning up with a van with a view to remove. As the law already provides for bailiffs to charge a fee for making the visit, there are no reasonable costs.

There is no regs IFAIK that prescribe costs for turning up with a van with a view to remove. As the law already provides for bailiffs to charge a fee for making the visit, there are no reasonable costs.

so does that mean that they can charge whatever they like????

Guest Happy Contrails

No. it means reasonable costs. Its not a fee and its not for financial gain.

If the bailiff makes a gain for himself or another then he commits fraud by charging a van fee where no goods are removed while charging a separate fee for making the visit.

but does header c of the council tax administration and enforcement regulation provide for this

Guest Happy Contrails

It provides reasonable costs. These are not fees and not for bailiffs to make a financial gain.

It means if the bailiff can show it has cost him physical money to obtain a van and bring it to an address he can ask for costs. If the bailiff has already charged a fee to make a visit then there are no costs because he has made his money from the fees because he can turn up in a vehicle of his own choice. He cannot charge a fee if his choice is a van where the bailiff has no intention of transporting any goods (e.g. the property is locked up, empty, not available to the bailiff or the debtor does not live there).

This is my last post on this thread.

there was no fee added for the visit just the van which was supossed to come back at 5 o clock i sat round all day having panick attacks waiting and waiting for him but there was no show no phone call nothing for a few weeks then the letters started coming saying that they were on their way out....

happy contrils thanks for all your help and advice you are a star..

Ok cool to try and cut a long story short a bailiff came to my home 1st and 2nd time then some months later came again then applied a levy on a car parked outside and charged me for that levy then some weeks later came back with a vehicle with a view to remove goods they say. i have had a copy of the form 7 and it shows the car + key and documents it says. now this IS infact an invalid levy they have acknolaged this but i am trying to prove fraud as I KNOW no bailiff came with a flat bed or car transporter to take the car away so whats my next move

thanks all

ask them to prove the visit - they won't be able to

But for them to say sorry seems we cant prove the visit does not constitute fraud

Also what about levy and atending to remove on the same day is this alowed thx again guys

no they cant make the two charges on the same day or so i have been told