gbutterfly

help! very stressed with defaults!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4071 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have 3 defaults on my credit file, where I have had no contact from the companies in question and don't know anything about the debts, either.

Is there any way to get these companies to prove that I am liable, and explain why they have put these defaults on without even asking for payment or warning me in the first place? or is there a letter template I could use?

Ideally, I want them removed! frown.gif

I have 3 other defaults, which I have paid completely, is there any way to have these removed now that they have been paid in full?

Any help is very welcome and appreciated!

When you default on a payment, it is usually on your credit rating for 6 years x

it is rare that co's will removed defaults even when the debt is settled.

you can ask, but i doubt it.

as for the others that you have no knowledge of.

the co' that placed them there should of or have the correct paperwork before they put it on.

so if you were to CCA them & it came up they don't have your agreement, they should NOT be processing your data.

again you can write and demand it be removed, you can also write to the CRA and pointout the fault in their data, they SHOULD check whomever wants the default placed on your file it legally allowed to do so.

again you might bget some luck in them removing it for you.

how long have they got to run before they fasll off.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

hi,

I would write a letter to the CRA and demand they remove them as they are nothing to do with you.

The three you know about, there's not much you can do as they're settled but the three you know nothing about have to be removed as you could sue the companies that put them there.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for all the help guys!

What is the CRA, does anyone have an address?

experian is a CRA [credit reference agency]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thanks!

I've sent some letters off, see what happens!

There's about 5 years to go on the defaults I don't know anything about, so it's a long time for something that isint anything to do with me.