Help - Barclays wont remove wrong information on my file

Flush
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I am looking for some advise please.

I had a fraud case on my account which took Barclays close to 6mths to sort out for me and they paid back all charges and the money taken out of my account. However on my credit file there is 6 missed payments from the due to the fact when the money was taken out it took me over my agreed overdraft limit.

I have contacted experian who have contacted them and basically there saying all the information is correct on my file. All experian did was but a little note on my account for 28 days

I have since written to barclays and there still refusing to take the wrong information off my credit file.

I am about to send my information off to the financial ombudsman but is there anything else i can do?

cheers for you time

If it was me I would write a LETTER BEFORE ACTION and send it recorded delivery to the Chairman of the Bank.....explain the situation (give them the crime number again !!) (tell them that you have a current good relationship with them (if you have still)) And state that you have made every reasonable effort to make them aware of the situation but still they are refusing to remove the adverse information and if they do not reply satisfactorily within 14 days time you will issue court proceedings....

IF you failed to make a payment then YOU FAILED TO MAKE A PAYMENT so the information recorded is correct and as such it is highly unlikely you will be able to get it removed.

The only caveat to that is if the payment was DIRECTLY related to goods or services that were the subject of the fraud you mention, if it's something else like a loan that YOU did take out then it was YOUR responsibility to maintain the payments and although this fraud may have left you overdrawn you failed to meet the payment plan you agreed to.

Mossy

Despite them not taking out the money from the account, you DID pay them by some other means? If you didn't, then I can see why they are resisting removal. The fraud on the account - unless it was directly related to the paymens that were missed, wouldn't matter