You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Flush

Help - Barclays wont remove wrong information on my file

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4039 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all.

I am looking for some advise please.

I had a fraud case on my account which took Barclays close to 6mths to sort out for me and they paid back all charges and the money taken out of my account. However on my credit file there is 6 missed payments from the due to the fact when the money was taken out it took me over my agreed overdraft limit.

I have contacted experian who have contacted them and basically there saying all the information is correct on my file. All experian did was but a little note on my account for 28 days

I have since written to barclays and there still refusing to take the wrong information off my credit file.

I am about to send my information off to the financial ombudsman but is there anything else i can do?

cheers for you time

If it was me I would write a LETTER BEFORE ACTION and send it recorded delivery to the Chairman of the Bank.....explain the situation (give them the crime number again !!) (tell them that you have a current good relationship with them (if you have still)) And state that you have made every reasonable effort to make them aware of the situation but still they are refusing to remove the adverse information and if they do not reply satisfactorily within 14 days time you will issue court proceedings....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

IF you failed to make a payment then YOU FAILED TO MAKE A PAYMENT so the information recorded is correct and as such it is highly unlikely you will be able to get it removed.

The only caveat to that is if the payment was DIRECTLY related to goods or services that were the subject of the fraud you mention, if it's something else like a loan that YOU did take out then it was YOUR responsibility to maintain the payments and although this fraud may have left you overdrawn you failed to meet the payment plan you agreed to.

Mossy

Despite them not taking out the money from the account, you DID pay them by some other means? If you didn't, then I can see why they are resisting removal. The fraud on the account - unless it was directly related to the paymens that were missed, wouldn't matter

I got the impression that the OP had missed making 6 payments and was saying that because of the fraud he didn't have the money to make the payments.