Barclays ...Just back from Court ***WON***

herbie171
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had an updated bundle from Morgans, and I have noticed that they have listed a witness statement, but have not included it in any of the bundles, do I need to write to Morgans, or the Court to get a copy of this witness statement.

• 4 weeks later...

with only 5 working days before I get back to court and Cabot send me a revised cost statement, they ask for an adjournment and now they add extra costs, or is this part of the silly mind games they play, and still no skeleton argument.

Keep it simple. It's easy to get carried away with quotes and wrapping yourself in knots.

The last defence against a claim I submitted was along the lines of , 'I don't acknowledge the debt and have never heard of the company making this claim'.

It was enough to have a £14k debt wiped out.

with only 5 working days before I get back to court and Cabot send me a revised cost statement, they ask for an adjournment and now they add extra costs, or is this part of the silly mind games they play, and still no skeleton argument.

Have you complied with all of the directions the court has given you? You must.

Have they? If not then you should write tot he court to point it out.

Why did they ask for an adjournment? Did they get it?

Have you complied with all of the directions the court has given you?.

Yes

Why did they ask for an adjournment? Did they get it?

To serve futher evidence in relation to the agreement. They have added a blank piece of paper

They have added a blank piece of paper

:eek:

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Ok my turn in Court tomorrow, will post as soon as I get back but I am sure it will be after 4pm

The only thing missing is the other sides skeleton argument, which should have been logged with the court 4 days ago but as of today they have failed to do that, so I am expecting it tomorrow just before we go into Court.

Will keep you posted

If it causes you a problem that it's late ask the judge for time to consider it. If it's too much to take in you may even consider asking for an adjournment. Being a litigant in person you can't be expected to be able to respond to it without reasonable time or you will be at a disadvantage.

Just something to think about if need be.;)

Edited by caro
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Congratulations. :D

Look forward to more details when you've finished celebrating but in the meantime I'll change your thread title.;):p

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.