You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

herbie171

Barclays ...Just back from Court ***WON***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3837 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just back from court

I argued that the application sent was illegible judge agreed

I also argued that the T/C were in a separate document the judge agreed.

I also argued that the prescribed terms were missing ??????

They argued that the prescribed terms were on the back of the agreement and asked for an adjournment, this was granted with the judge saying they had to file a witness statement by 17th July from a Barclays Bank employee stating that the prescribed terms were on the back of the application presented to the court and that they should not be penalized for not producing a clear copy or the original

Another question who pays for todays hearing as they gave me a cost sheet for about £3800 plus more for the day and then they wanted the adjournment

Edited by herbie171

If you believe that the prescribed terms and conditions were never supplied to you then you should file your own statement - signed as an affidavit in support of this.

If there are opposing statements on this issue, then your should prevail as yours sill be firsthand evidence and also they will not have any real supporting evidence to the contrary other than a witness statement which will not be based on actual knowledge

If you believe that the prescribed terms and conditions were never supplied to you then you should file your own statement - signed as an affidavit in support of this.

If there are opposing statements on this issue, then your should prevail as yours sill be firsthand evidence and also they will not have any real supporting evidence to the contrary other than a witness statement which will not be based on actual knowledge

This is the alleged agreement

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt274/corinadeva/img003_edited-1.jpg

They claim the P/T were on the back

I will post the ruling when it is sent from the court

Another question, while sitting waiting for the hearing to start, the barrister representing the other side came over to me and started to mention his costs,I butted in and said I was not interested in your costs and to go away, but why would he do that ????

Another question, while sitting waiting for the hearing to start, the barrister representing the other side came over to me and started to mention his costs,I butted in and said I was not interested in your costs and to go away, but why would he do that ????

To frighten you :rolleyes:

I'd love to know how they got the T&C's on the back of that form as it's a mailer.

JOgs

To frighten you :rolleyes:

I'd love to know how they got the T&C's on the back of that form as it's a mailer.

JOgs

I was right to tell him to go away then,:lol: have to agree about the mailer lets see what they submit by the 17th July

What does number 5 mean in the order ?

A skeleton arguement is a list of the reasons you are fighting the claim, you literally list the problems in order and don't put in any legal stuff. Ie

1. On xxx date I received exhibit a from xxx company

2. The facts in the document are incorrect (list the problems)

3. Any costs to be paid by the claimant as they have brought about an unsubstantiated claim and have caused stress and anxiety ato the defendant.

That is just a brief example, but you do need to state costs to be paid by the claimants just in case...

A skeleton arguement is a list of the reasons you are fighting the claim, you literally list the problems in order and don't put in any legal stuff. Ie

1. On xxx date I received exhibit a from xxx company

2. The facts in the document are incorrect (list the problems)

3. Any costs to be paid by the claimant as they have brought about an unsubstantiated claim and have caused stress and anxiety ato the defendant.

That is just a brief example, but you do need to state costs to be paid by the claimants just in case...

Thank you very much :D

Have a look at SI 1883-1553 Section 2 Form and content of regulated consumer credit agreements...especially paragraph 4

Live Life-Debt Free

Have a look at SI 1883-1553 Section 2 Form and content of regulated consumer credit agreements...especially paragraph 4

I will, where do I find that to read please

subbing 100%

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Could someone please explain Subbing ????

Could someone please explain Subbing ????

Subscribing - it means I am interested in the content of the thread.

By subbing, I get automatic notification of any new posts on the thread. I cann keep up to date on the activity without trying to find this thread again. It registers in my profile and I can link directly to it

Hope this helps.

Subbing this looks very interesting how the bank are going to fit T&C on such a piece of paper

all the best

pol76

Go for it Herbie - good luck

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Subscribing with great interest, been linked from another thread.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

What does number 5 mean in the order ?

your skeleton argument is the legal argument you are going to employ in the matter. it often will contain extracts from legislation and also case law , especially with the fact this is a consumer credit agreement claim

If you look at post #4 you will see the court order,if you read #2 it must be complied with by 4pm the 17th July, what happen if they don't ? and what should I do ?

Cant believe what I am reading again about Judges.

Clearly the copy of the agreement is a microfiche copy and if the perscribed terms were on the back they should have been copied.

Who in the right mind at Barclays is going to put there head on the block and say the terms were on the reverse?

If they are foolish enough to do so I would demand they attend Court so you can cross-examine them!!

The judge ordered that a witness statement from a person who had worked for Barclays Bank be submitted by Cabot who could testify that the P/T were on the other side of the application,

This was to be done by the 17th July 4.0pm. Today this arrived alone with a statement saying this is a copy of the application that was signed

http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt274/corinadeva/050.jpg

It is now getting farcical.

I have been given the chance to resubmit my defence and would really like some help please