Cosmos - Take £280 compo or fight for more?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i need some advice here, Ill try and keep it as brief as possible.

We went on holiday with cosmos to turkey in may, 4 star hotel on AI basis, the first hotel had some building works going on and the food was cold and rotton. The first room we had had major problems, and wasnt finished. The second room was ok apart from the bathroom flooded, which they then fixed. We spent 3 days being miserable, running back and forth to repection to try and fix the problems etc On the 3rd evening we ate out at the evening meal as we just didnt want more cold food.

On the 4th day we asked to move hotels as we werent happy. Cosmos agreed to move us but we had to pay to move hotels and the taxis etc.

Now cosmos have not denied anything in terms of our complaints. They have however failed to acknowledge things that I brought to their attention, they just havent mentioned them. The only thing that they are trying to minimise is the number of days the food was cold.

Heres what I need help on.

The total cost of our expenses was £159. This was for the meal out, the taxi and bus fare to change hotels and the £75 they charged us as the admin fee to move hotels.

The first offer they made was £205 for the following -

3 days of accomodation at the first hotel.

50% of the cost of our meal out.

Taxi and bus fare.

They refused to pay the £75 admin charge.

I then sent them another letter telling them that wasnt good enough and sent their cheque back to them.

Today ive received another letter with the first cheque back along with another cheque for the £75 which they first refused to pay. So now were upto £280 total.

The booking price of our hols was £1200. I first asked them for half the cost of my holiday back (3.5 days) and the out of pocket expenses total £759. I thought if I aim high, ive got more room to negotiate, but I didnt think theyd be this tight fisted especially when theyve admitted so much.

I most certainly dont think what they have offered is enough but I dont know what figure to aim for? If you take off the expenses its only £60 compensation each for all the faffing about we had to do. Theyve offered us nothing in terms of loss of enjoyment or the messing around we had to do etc and I dont think thats fare.

What should I do now, I dont know what else to say to them.

• 2 weeks later...