• Tweets

• Bankfodder thanks for your help and yes i am about 90 miles from the garage i have requested the advert from autotrader  waiting for that back.  the dealer is a garage and taxi /minibus firm with a big unit i have taken screen shots of the stock and sales on ebay  and cars for sale on autotrader i have a reciept for my purchase signed etc  so yes i know 30 days is up but like you said its the enforcing it may be an issue but ill take it up to the highcourt as seen on tv lol 
    • Letter said 10 going across company, 2 from cad team. Only 2 have been scored. Essentially I would have stayed but now my position is untenable I feel, how could I go back after being mistreated like this. So yes, I want more compensation because its been an unfair process.    We don't have a union. 
    • So your desired outcome is "going, but more money"?   How many people are leaving in total? Has a union or reps agreed the redundancy terms?
    • I can certainly see why your son booked there.  The place has rave reviews from previous guests.  I'm surprised they are being so unprofessional with your son.   On their page under "Questions" they've written   Hi there! On the booking listing on the search page it says free cancellation, however when I go to book it says non refundable. Please can you confirm whether there is free cancellation on this for November bookings? Thanks!   Hello, Our cancellation policy is free cancellation upto 60 days before arrival. However if White Cross Bay has to close due to a second lockdown, we will re schedule your stay or offer a full refund.   I would suggest your son write to them through Booking.com's internal messaging system (Bookings > Owls House > Contact the property) and if they don't reply within 48 hours demand that Booking.com intervene.    N.B.  After a certain amount of time and/or a certain amount of bookings this internal messaging system ceases to work for old bookings so it might fail, but, hey, it's worth a try, it'll only take 10 minutes..   On their COVID Info. page Booking.com go on about bookings after 6 April, basically saying that after that date everyone knows about COVID and that travelling is a risk so it's a good idea to book places that offer free cancellation.  However, before that date - which would apply to your son - I'm pretty sure they had some scheme where you could cancel even if not normally allowed.  Sorry to be vague, but again this is worth looking into.   I suggest these things on a "belt & braces" basis. Obviously keep fighting to get the money back through the Halifax as others have suggested!
    • Typical defence that you would expect in response...reads rather like a witness statement than a defence.   Be wary of point 25 .....are you currently indebted to the agreement ?.....they are relying on CPR 16.6 to use a set off defence.   Andy
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Lloyds TSB Spent My £1 for a CCA Request on the Outstanding Balance! Is This Legal?!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4119 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently sent a CCA request to Lloyds TSB in relation to a credit card I have with them. I sent the standard letter, specifically stating that this money was not to be used for anything else apart from the CCA request.

I received a letter back from them, saying that I had to resend my letter to their special 'section 78 department'. My original postal order was not included with their reply.

I have just received the latest credit card statement and I can see that this £1 was actually paid into the credit card account. Is this legal? I specifically stated this was not to be used for this purpose?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Ignore them - they are using delaying tactics. They know their obligations - they can use the £1 any way they see fit, but it will always have been for the specific purpose of requesting your CCA.

As soon as there 12+2 days are up, put the account into dispute!

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Once they slip outside the 12+2 working days in which to supply you with your agreement then send this one next - (send recorded) - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Thanks again. This is all really helpful info.

Would I need to resend the CCA request again to the new address they've provided or are just giving me the run around

Thanks again. This is all really helpful info.

Would I need to resend the CCA request again to the new address they've provided or are just giving me the run around

giving u the runaround. they do have internal mail!!!!