Extract from a parlimentary debate on DCAs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Interesting what Gareth Thomas said about 1st Credit....

"My next example involves the requirements imposed on 1st Credit Ltd. After an investigation, it was found that some of its business processes and procedures failed to meet satisfactory standards. As a result, that company and its associated companies must refrain from issuing statutory demands warning of bankruptcy when it is unlikely that proceedings will be initiated; not discuss legal action with consumers, unless it is likely that such action will genuinely be taken"

I thought that any of these quotes would be useful to add into any court bundle just in case the " they are a large reputable organisation who would always follow correct procedures" card was played

• Haha 1

Live Life-Debt Free

I like Andrew MacKinlay's comments about rouge directors setting up shop again after they have been closed down...

Andrew MacKinlay (Thurrock, Labour) Link to this | Hansard sourceI am very pleased with what the Minister is telling us, but my anxiety is that, if the OFT starts using those sanctions, as I want it to, some companies will simply dissolve themselves and the same bad directors will constitute new companies and go back to their old customers. Will there be some protection to ensure that such abuse—such getting around the situation—does not prevail?

Wondr what he makes of the lovely HFO and Worst Credit.

This has been previously quoted but is worth repeating (often) Of course the CSA to which the Minister refers is/was run be the boss of 1st Credit one of the principal players in this story - and since this debate & expressions of disquiet by the government 1st Credit have continued their dubious practices only this time under the guise of a firm of Bromley, Kent solicitors - they are still using SD's to collect ordinary consumer debt which of course most courts & the OFT consider an abuse of the system