Work focused interview for 'income support'??

nationsheet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My cousin, she is on income support, and has received a 'work focused interview' letter, to come and take the interview. (she has severe mobility problems and is venerable to fall)

She is on Higher rate Care + mobility

so i read somewhere that makes her Exempt from the work focused interview.

Is that true? - if she shows she is on HRCare she can avoid the interview?

whats the best way for her to show the interview people that she is on HR care? there is just a telephone number on the interview letter- but no email address- to call them? or email them the scanned DLA higher rate letter? what do you suggest ?

Your cousin may be exempt, there is a form she can complete called IB50, google this to download and she can fill it in online.

From what I've read it is quite complex and detailed, and you need to score a certain amount of points to be exempt.

If she did attend the interview considering her disabilities I doubt there would be any pressure for her to find work.

actually it is for a claim that she has been on for 2 years, so she is on a long lasting claim. (Both dla + IS has been given for 2 years that is)

Does the fact that they have been on it for 2 years have any affect on these interviews in anyway? if so what?

or does her being on it for 2 years make it easier to get out of the interviews?

or can make her exempt from the interview?

or anything ?

As far as I can find, it doesn't appear that being in receipt of high rate DLA mobility/care makes a difference I'm afraid. As I said above, downloading the IB50 form and filling it in seems to be the only option.

However someone else on here may be able to tell you another way if there is one. Sorry I can't help you more.

I seem to remember that it is up to the DWP person to waive this. I know someone who had quite a row about it with them, as they wanted her (carer for 3 kids with various disabilities) to come in for one of those interviews and she was asking them to use their judgment to waive it. They did in the end. :razz:

I seem to remember that it is up to the DWP person to waive this. I know someone who had quite a row about it with them, as they wanted her (carer for 3 kids with various disabilities) to come in for one of those interviews and she was asking them to use their judgment to waive it. They did in the end. :razz:

did they waive the interview after attending? or they waived it based on what that claiment told them on the phone ?

How did they waive it, what did they say? what reasons did they give not to attent the interview? obviously somthing to do with their condition, but wat did they say?

The interview is SOON- so can you please answer these questions- would really appreciate it......

a) What do they ask at these interviews?

b)-how many questions do they ask?

c) can you list all the the types of questions they are most likley to ask,

d) and how long does the interview last?

e)+ if you cant make this interview, how many weeks approx is it until the next date they give? (I know this depends how busy they are, but usually how far are they away) ?

-the reason asking being its always nice to know what kinda things are expected to be asked in interviews in advance- so would appreciate the help.

please get back people with a reply.... i really appreciate it.....she would just like to prepare a bit, and there isnt much time left, so please reply answering the above questions... thanks.

Edited by nationsheet

It may well pay you to speak to someone like citizens advice asap, they will be able to help you answer the questions. If it was a medical interview I could help you, but not for work related interviews.

sorry Keefyboy

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

I`ve just had one of these. The lady I saw was very pleasant and could see that I was very uncomfortable and in pain. She could see that I would not be fit for any type of work and spent most of the time checking and showing me her screen which is unusual to see if I was getting all the benefits I was entitled to! She did say that I would be expected to ubdertake 6 more interviews but with the British Legion (no never ben in the forces) who would look at my circumstances and discuss part time or voluntary work.I told her that I was actually still employed but on no pay but she said these interviews are computer generated within the first 13 weeks of claiming ESA. Hope this helps. Good luck

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

Sorry interview was about 40 minutes. I was a victim of an RTA so we spent most of the time talking about that. She asked about other people at home and about my disabled wife,what care we were getting etc. She gave me info on prescription charges and said I should have been assessed for motgage interest relief and gave me the forms.

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

me again interview was in my town. If you don`t make the interview and cannot get it waived I believe it affects your benefits. I always think it best to go to these things and let them see how much effort you`ve made and how distressing it is for you. Remember if you say you can`t attend these are local people who may well see you out doing other thing. Apologies for that if you are housebound but thought it worth making the point. They will ask what work you`ve done in the past and what you think you can do now but stick to your guns if you really can`t do anything.

Always give your worst day condition, if you say something along the lines of, "most days I can walk a mile to work, and then occasionally I have to get the bus because I'm in so muchpain" they will jump on that and think you are swinging the leg, so always give them how you are on your worst day. for example. "I get up in the morning when the alrm goes off, but have trouble getting out of bed because of the arthritus in my knees and hips, which gives me all sorts of problems trying to dress and try and get downstairs. I have to be very careful when coming down the stairs as the pain from my hips and knees does not subside and I have to be careful of not losing my balance. When I get downstairs I have mobility problems getting around the house, etc etc,"

Tell them the worst, otherwise they will stop your benefits if they think your swinging the leg.. The same applies if your have to go for a medical interview with Dr, show your worst, dont be afraid to admit you have problems, they are not there just to stop you getting benefits they quite often make good suggestions and make sure you are getting everything you are entitled to.

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................