GE Debenhams store card sold to CL finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive just about done the defence

ime doing a counter claim for the ppi and i need to know

date the ppi started

was any assesmant done on your life style/medical history etc to see if the ppi was needed (statement of means)

any policy document on the ppi

do you know how much you paid in ppi premiums

how was the ppi sold

Thanks postggj,

PPI 'added' November 1989

At the point of opening the Storecard PPI wasn't even mentioned, there is no signature box to request/accept it , there is no tick box requesting/accepting ppi.

Have never received a policy document until we did a SAR June '09

As for assessment - we were shopping in Debenhams at the time and at the sales counter while paying for our purchases the asistant asked whether OH had a Store Charge Card, when OH said no the assistant did the heavy sales routine stating that if OH took one out that day OH would get 10% off all purchases in store, there was absolutely no mention about ppi & any kind of reference to it. Oh agreed to take one out & was just told to fill in personal details & signature & if accepted would have a chargecard there & then to get the 10% off, as it was Xmas and a huge queue waiting at no time was it possible to read the T&C's

Just accepted it as that it was compulsary until ppi premiums where spiraling out of control & late 2005 I phoned GE to see if it could be cancelled, that is the time it stopped.

I have challenged GE ppi sales procedures to which they replied that they are not responsible for the actions of the sales assistants, GE werent regulated at the time so basically go away.

I have also pointed out to them that the FSA fined them £610k in 2007 for the very reasons stated above, however they replied that the fine relates to a time AFTER they became regulated and has no standing on pre regulated agreements, to which I replied that if their practises were so bad after regulation resulting in that fine imagine how bad it was pre regulation.

They were also made aware of their breachs to the FLA Code Of Practice to which they were signatories.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE DO

SEE YOU SOON

DEFENCE IS DONE AND IME COUNTER CLAIMING ON THE PPI

AS CLUELESS ARE NOW THE CREDITOR BY ABSOLUTE ASSIGNMENT,

THEY WILL BE PAYING YOU

NOT SANTANDAR

OH THE IRONY OF IT:violin:

Attached is the spreadsheet that was submitted to Santander, you'll notice that 1) is extremely high _ I got this figure by taking the average premium & multiplying it by the number of months they couldnt supply statements for (this was done exactly the same way as Barclaycard calculated PPI premiums for 'missing statements' that they paid out for mis selling).

On item one, as a gesture of goodwill (dont know why) I used 15% interest instead of agreement interest of 29.9%

IMG_0001.jpg

AS CLUELESS ARE NOW THE CREDITOR BY ABSOLUTE ASSIGNMENT,

THEY WILL BE PAYING YOU NOT SANTANDAR

I will pre-empt this for you. CL WILL pass this account back to Santander, they won't mention the Storecard Conversion, but will refer to GE's failure to issue a DN. Santander will phone demanding payment, you will argue (In writing) that the account was Sold to CL, that the account was assigned "Absolute". Santander will respond by stating in lots of legal long winded verbal crap :-) that they are legally allowed to buy back the account, because GE failed to issue the DN the account was "incorrectly sold". You will stand your ground........checkmate.

Debs

Spreadsheet was up to the June 09 & it was 'sold' to CL shortly afterwards so sums involved would be minimal but will redo in the morning when I get home from work.

Go with the flow regards interest :wink:

Hiya Debs ;)

Edited by beachcomber60

Computer crashed last night

sending again this evening

Hi postggj,

Any joy with this one.

Entering panic mode now, not sure we can get it printed off & post to court in time.

Is it 28 days from the date on the claim form or 28 days from receipt.

Hope to hear from you soon

Beachy