Largo Chasing old debt which is an old CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made enquiries to some CCJs which I am trying to get removed... this one is for a catalogue debt which has gone from Redfairmile or whatever they are called to LARGO.

It is a CCJ and I asked for the details and I spoke to a guy on the phone and they wanted £63 per month over 12 months - yeah right as if!

I am paying half that for another CCJ which is 10 times the debt! :D

They said they had various letters which I had written to them and letters they had written to me, said they had gone through all the proper channels and had done everything to the book and I could not get out of paying for the debt!

They told me that they would provide me with copies of these letters - 4 months later I am still waiting for.

They also said that I made a payment in December 08 for £5 - I have also asked for proof of this to which I am still waiting for.

I have written to them twice asking for this information only for them to not reply to me in writing but to leave a message on my mobile.

They have now left another message today asking me to URGENTLY contact them - I just deleted the message! :eek:

Is there a letter I can send them to get them off my case until they provide what I have asked them for please?

Thanks LL

CapQuest Stat Demand ~ WON :D

Vanquis Overlimit & Late Payment Charges ~ F&F Settlement received - 2nd June 09

Welcome Finance CCJ ~ Set Aside 22nd May 09 ~ WON :D CCJ SET ASIDE WHOO HOOO!!!!

Capital One Charges & Default Removal ~ ongoing

Do you know for a fact that there is a CCJ on this account, if so, then I am afraid that there is no Statute of Limitation on a CCJ. I would suggest that you make an application to vary the amount as ordered by the Court (which is all you are legally expected to pay).

I feel you would take control of the situation if you get hold of the Judgement first from the Court.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Yes as HS says, 'if' a CCJ has been granted, then it does not come under the limitations act. I'm confused as to how you have had a CCJ issued, but the DCA is 'telling' you how much to pay??

When you go to court, and they apply for a CCJ against you, you are then given the opportunity to produce to the court/judge your income and expenditure, and 'your' offer of payment.

So did the court say you could afford the amount the DCA is telling you to pay, is there a CCJ in place at all for this debt, or is it just in the hands of a DCA and they are sending you the usual threats that they can only accept a thousand pounds a day for the next 45 years?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes as HS says, 'if' a CCJ has been granted, then it does not come under the limitations act. I'm confused as to how you have had a CCJ issued, but the DCA is 'telling' you how much to pay??

When you go to court, and they apply for a CCJ against you, you are then given the opportunity to produce to the court/judge your income and expenditure, and 'your' offer of payment.

So did the court say you could afford the amount the DCA is telling you to pay, is there a CCJ in place at all for this debt, or is it just in the hands of a DCA and they are sending you the usual threats that they can only accept a thousand pounds a day for the next 45 years?

mmmm right ok this CCJ was received when I used to hide my head in the sand when debt letters came through the door - its about a year old and was placed on my old property - moved out of this property in Oct 07 and the CCJ was placed on my property in March 08.

They say they have letters from me (which I do not remember writing), saying I was offering £5 per month. They also say they received a payment of £5 - am waiting for them to prove that I paid this.

This CCJ was placed on my old address and didnt receive any paperwork for this whatsoever. The debt was occuring whilst I used to hide from my debts, but I was not aware of the CCJ until I got a copy of my credit file a few months back.

I managed to get a recent CCJ removed from WF through non receipt of paperwork and disputing the claim, so I could try this process again and see if this works perhaps?

Vanquis Overlimit & Late Payment Charges ~ F&F Settlement received - 2nd June 09

Welcome Finance CCJ ~ Set Aside 22nd May 09 ~ WON :D CCJ SET ASIDE WHOO HOOO!!!!

Also, whilst I think of it, because I have only recently been made aware of this CCJ I have made no offer of payment, I am still waiting for them to send me the paperwork they promised - yet they continue to ring me!

Ok, I'm a little more knowledgable now:D

If they keep ringing send them the telephone harassment letter, and should they choose to ignore that, keep a log of all the calls, and refuse to go through any of their 'security:lol:' questions.

Alternatively just keep repeating' everything in writing' in reply to any of their scripted questions.

Can you not check through your bank statements to see if you did indeed make a payment? If you go into your local brach they should be able to give you a complete history of your income and outgoings through your account to cover that period.

As for any letters you may have sent them, just try to send any future letters to DCA's via recorded delivery, then you will have a definite trail of evidence then.

Again as HS said, you would need to apply to the court to vary the amount which they would have set in your absence.

I managed to get a recent CCJ removed from WF through non receipt of paperwork and disputing the claim, so I could try this process again and see if this works perhaps?

Well it worked once, so there's no harm in trying to do the same again!;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!