Validation Department?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have had several calls over the last few days, most unusual as ex directory and normally not bothered.

Possibly from Mumbai? requesting if I am my sister (by surname) then when told no, asking if I am a member of the family, when asked to state who they are told Validation department, but will say no more?

Any ideas?

Also getting calls - cold calls? about gas and electricity also from Mumbai?

So who has got hold of my ex-directory number and how can I stop this?

My 'phone has been very peaceful for quite a few years now, so wondering where this info is being bought?

It's a [problem] as far as I can see, similar to the email scams which tell you you've won Millions on a non existent lottery, but you have to send a validation fee. they have diallers which just go through every possible number, or, they buy numbers from legitimate (or not so legitiamte) businesses to whom you give your number. You could contact your provider, to see if they can do anything. I presume you have joined TPS?

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action