LLOyds TSB Hardship letter sent standard reply

stevecarrcross

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Sent a hardship letter with documentation to LTSB got the usual, we are sorry to hear your complaint blah blah blah letter, but nothing else.

as ive applied under hardship do they have to contact me speicifcally

Hi Steve:)

If you mean should LTSB have sent you a more personal response, then yes and no - you would expect that they should, but this is Lloyds and template letters are the norm!

I have also applied under the hardship waiver and have only ever received standard responses with promises to respond within 4 weeks etc etc.

Do you have priority debt arrears and did you send evidence of this to LTSB? I am only a relative novice to all this, but am learning quickly and now know (as I didn't when I first approached LTSB) that this is what they should take into consideration when assessing you for hardship. I say 'should', but again this being Lloyds often they do not - there don't seem to be many people who have been successful with LTSB on the grounds of hardship I'm afraid:eek:

However, they don't have to refund anything as far as I'm aware, even if hardship is proved - merely freezing charges and interest could be seen by them as assisting you at this difficult time.

There is now a dedicated Hardship sub-forum - in the General section of this Banking forum (apologies, I don't know how to do a link), where you will find other threads from fellow Caggers with similar problems and some very good advice, particularly from 'yourbank', who is very knowledgeable.

Hope this has helped a little!

Good luck,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

hi

I also applied under hardship, they agreed i was in hardship but still sent template letters. They did agree to stop all charges but are now charging me again since i have complained to FOS about them. They have still only responded with normal template letter.

Lloyds have no heart, they are waiting for the test case and i suppose they are praying they win. Well i hope and pray the lose heavily

Wonder what the FOS would think to know that Lloyds have commenced making penalty charges against you account now that you have complained to the ombudsman?

Think that the banks will try and drag the legal case regarding charges out for as long as possible, to avoid paying them.

To be honest i'm quite surprised that they haven't lobbied to push through the ammendment to the Statute Of Limitations, shortening the period that someone is liable for a debt from 6 to 3 years (to be in line with the rest of Europe).

Know that the Ministry Of Justice has commented on their intention to do this, and would let the bank off of money they owed customers.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

• 1 month later...

I sent a letter to lloyds tsb to applied under the hardship waiver and have only ever received standard response with promises to respond within 4-8 weeks etc etc.

Im new to this stuff and really dont know what to do next to reclaim back my bank charges i have totaled up all my charges to £775.67.Do i just wait for them to respond back to me. Im curretly on benefits due to illness and every 2 weeks i get paid £95.90. Itry 2 pay off my outstanding debts with other companies which leaves me with about £15.00 for the fortnight.

Do i need to send lloyds tsb bank another letterfor a response before leagl action or something i have read different forum where some people are taking legal action or taking there cases to FOS.

furthermore i keep getting phone calls from lloyds collection centre about my arrears should i set up a repayment plan or just ignore it

any help would be appreciated