Contract Problem

Cottsy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I got pointed in this forum's direction from another site so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I'm in dispute with an 'entertainment agency' over a contract for a gig my band done for them last November.

We received the contract one month before the gig and the contract clearly states that our fee was £350 and that their fee was 0.00%

They then sent me a bill for their 15% commission and a month after the gig sent a new contract stating the 15% commission.

Am I right in thinking that the original contract with the 0% commission is binding?

I know its only for a little bit of money but they are threatening me with debt collectors and I'm reluctant to pay money when I've got a contract saying I don't have to pay anything.

Am I right in thinking that the original contract with the 0% commission is binding?

Yes unless there is documentation/evidence to strongly suggest that the document as received was plainly in error.

You can defend on the grounds of not undertaking the work had a fee been payable but the suggestion of obvious error is strong if this is the only source of income for the agency.

If it's a piddling sum then passing to a DCA is probably more spiteful than commercially sensible!

Do you think that it would be possible to argue that, as the agent who booked the gig is a close friend of one the band member's father, it could be seen as a favour as were standing in for a band that pulled out?