MBNA PPI - I am sure I never checked the check box!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on how I should progress this situation.

I signed up for an MBNA credit card a few years ago and am sure I never checked the check box for requesting PPI, yet have been paying it ever since day 1.

I have on a number of occasions spoken with MBNA and have asked for a copy of my initial credit agreement. THey have never sent me a copy.

What should I do?

Any help appreciated, I'm in quite a lot of debt and need to start acting on it in any way I can. Sick of being taken for a ride by these corporate monsters!

Cheers,

Trev

Hi,

You really should SAR MBNA. This will get back everything they have in your file including the agreement and the statements showing how much you have paid.

It costs £10 to get it. send a postal order

send by recorded delivery

they have 40 days to comply

letter 11 from here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks silverfox - will do that the moment my cheque book arrives...

The letter says to cross out your name - whats that about?

Also, the way you worded your message made me think that there may be a few things the subject access request may turn up other than just a PPI that I said no to. Am I right?

Morning,

There have been rumours of some companies lifting signatures and placing them on agreements therefore it is wise to make your signature unliftable.

This is done by either putting a couple of lines through the signature or putting your signature on a coloured background.

The problem with sending cheques is that it needs your original signature--see above. That's why it is recommended that you send postal orders.

With the SAR, you will get back lots of stuff including your statements and if you have charges on the account, this will show them up. If so, you could start a claim to get them refunded.

I noticed in your first post that you have other debt problems. If you have debts with other providers, start a thread for each one (keeps things simple) and advice will arrive.

fox

• Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE