Moorcroft debt for aliance & leicester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i have moorcroft debt recovery on my case they have taken over a debt from aliance & leicester bank £1428.47 overdraft and cheques cashed. i dont know what to do for the best. keep getting threatening letters of court action and last week when i was at work my wife said an old man was knocking at the door and looking through the window for 4 nights my brother answered the door to this man on saturday morning who said he was here to see me for a debt for the amount above he told my brother all this bebt without asking who he was? then he gave him a contact card and said he would be back tomorrow(tuesday) to arrange for a collection amount? i am thinking of ringing moorcroft in a moment to speak about this but dont know what to say to them? can anyone help me wiht this situation please?

thanks

Hi i have moorcroft debt recovery on my case they have taken over a debt from aliance & leicester bank £1428.47 overdraft and cheques cashed. i dont know what to do for the best. keep getting threatening letters of court action and last week when i was at work my wife said an old man was knocking at the door and looking through the window for 4 nights my brother answered the door to this man on saturday morning who said he was here to see me for a debt for the amount above he told my brother all this bebt without asking who he was? then he gave him a contact card and said he would be back tomorrow(tuesday) to arrange for a collection amount? i am thinking of ringing moorcroft in a moment to speak about this but dont know what to say to them? can anyone help me wiht this situation please?

thanks

as mr ton says.report them.

does not matter who the collector was talking to they have no right to discuss with anybody else.

or turn up and as for looking through windows:mad:

have you requested cca from moorcroft?

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

I too had a moorcroft collector at my door but once he understood that he would never receive a penny from me regarding disputed debt he soon stoped visiting, as being self employed and being on commission only meant that he would not be earning any money from me.

sleepingdog

you can click on blue DCA link

for template letters

download number 3 and show if they turn up.

usual advise is to communicate in writting only.

if you want to call its up to you,

you can send them number 4 regarding any intention to visit again.

cca is no good for bank account.but they need to prove the debt and that they have the right to collect.

have you responded to any of their letters

have you acknowledged the debt to them

when was the last payment that you made

have charges been added

not contacted or spoken to moorcroft about the debt or made any payments to them. charges were added to the account by alliance & leicester. a payment was made to allince & leicester for £80 in april. can you tell me if i send a cca or any other letter to them please?

thanks

you could send prove it letter to moorcroft

DCA link template 18

and include the doorstep template 4

they will give you date they brought and as it is recent(april)they will know last payment.

would SAR alliance cost you a tenner,but you can see amount of charges/interest added.

• Haha 1

sorry for being a bit dumb here but i just want to get it right sorry. being told to send different letters? cca but no good? prove it letter and s.a.r. ok i know about the s.a.r so i will send that off to alliance & leicester. cca do i need to send this and who to? prove it letter this is to Moorcroft i take it and what happens when they send proof?

thanks for your help i need to get this right as i have other companies after me and feel trapped at the moment.

thaks

original thought was that they could not get cca,

had skimmed your post and not realised it was bank account so cca is no good.

my fault soz

sar in the hope that you can get charges removed from amount.

prove it to moorcroft is the option.

dont know what will happen

depends on what they come back with/how far they will take it

ok sam614 thanks for that ill send the prove it letter straight away and let you know what they come back with if thats ok? ill go down to stoke post office this afternoon. also ill give the doorstep caller the letter tomorrow to stop him calling?

thanks agian for your help

you're welcome.yes let me know how you get on.

are you a stokie then?

if he calls hand over the letter and dont engage in conversation.

hope that you report him as well.

Hi,

you need the banks in dispute letter.

This says that no action can be taken against you whilst the court cases are 'stayed'

I have just brought a new PC, so can't post it for you just yet (although I may have it on my keyring)

Will have a look

Jogs

hi there just a quick update. the old doorstep caller came tonight so i gave him the stay away letter. it was quite i picture watching his face as he read it in is car? hope this does the trick? also posted the proove it letter to moorcroft today so i will let you know as soon as they reply. thanks for your reply havinastella but dont understand as it has not gone to court yet? and sam614 yes im a stokie :)

hi there just a quick update. the old doorstep caller came tonight so i gave him the stay away letter. it was quite i picture watching his face as he read it in is car? hope this does the trick? also posted the proove it letter to moorcroft today so i will let you know as soon as they reply. thanks for your reply havinastella but dont understand as it has not gone to court yet? and sam614 yes im a stokie :)

:lol:bet he was not amused,if he dares call again,ring the police.

wait for response to prove it.

:)fellow stoke on trent duck

• 2 weeks later...

hi gilliancooke use the letter that i gave the doorstep caller from the link in thread #6 its number three in that link. that did the trick for me not seen anyone at my door since. i am still waiting for their reply to the prove it letter expecting it very soon though.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi i have a debt with moorcroft of £78.89 fromThree company there aint any proof of this so i have sent them a letter requesting a CCA from them. And asking them for a copy of there complaints procedure. Before the letter from moorcroft i received letter from another debt agency asking me for £50 so moorcroft has put the Interest up. Just wondering if they by law are aloud to put the interest up?. Also the phone calls have been non stop told them stop calling me and the lady has took my number off the system that was on the 10th call. x