Barclays Collection

backtome

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

An utter newbie to the site and a tad confused by all the threads, therefore I am hoping one of you lovelies could direct me to a relevant thread or help!

Barclays Collection have a standing order with my HSBC account, 1st of the month x amount is taken. I am in utter dire straits:( re: finances and need to drastically lessen my monthly amounts.

Unfortunately, I have no contact details for the company! Barclays general enquires could ONLY direct me to Merciers as their debt collectors. I called them.( which I now know I should only do by post!) but, they do not have me on their files! Despite giving them my name and the Standing order Sort code, account no and ref number I am not on the list for either their loan or C Card as a 'customer'.

I have frozen my Standing order for next month and the next payment will be Aug 1.

Any ideas on next steps:confused:? Amend the Aug 1st payment to what I can afford? Write a letter to Barclays Collections Dept @ Barclays Bank (recorded) notifying them of this activity?

All advice will be GRATEFULLY recieved:)!

Thanks in advance

ps I have a credit card issue - in that I can not afford the min repayments - best thread to read for this?

Generally speaking if you cannot get in touch with a creditor and they are giving you the run around, not paying is a dead cert to bring them out of the woodwork. If you wish write to them telling them you are going to reduce the payment.

There are too many threads on the subject of credit cards -

have you requested the CCA?

when was it taken out -

have you defaulted yet?

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

Hi Backtome

I am in the same boat as you I cannot afford to pay my Barclays Loan and have cancelled the D/D, but can't find any address to write and tell them about my situation, I have got into debt trying to pay the loan and now am in a bigger mess. If you do find an address please post up.