Village collection DCA, HL Legal and a pre 2005 GE Money store card 'debt' with NO CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Im looking for abit of advice, I have read alot of information from this site and afew others.

From that i compiled everything and tried to use it against a debt collection agency (Vilcol)

Let me begin, I noticed a default on my credit file from HF-Legal, i contacted them before reading up anything and asked for a copy of the agreement, afew afew months of phoning them, they then passed the debt onto 'Vilcol'.

Who again i requested a copy of my agreementm, i requested it around two months ago. Then upon finding this site and doing research i found a letter template to send them. I sent them that letter on the 3rd June.

This morning i phoned Vilcol and all they said was that they have requested the agreement from GE Money and they will be in touch once they get it, to this i said they have had their required 12 days plus many more. To this they just said thats nothing and they will be in touch once they get it. The guy on the phone got nasty and agressive.

I hung up, phoned back and he answered so i spoke to his supervisor, I said to him 'you have had your 12 days to produce my agreement' to that the supervisor said 'dont try to get all legal on me'

This company are just refusing to help me.

I want to take it further, but dont know how or who to see.

Any advice on how to put these helpless people to shame would be grateful.

Thank in advance for any responses

Train hard...Fight easy

Dont speak to the leeches on the phone, they are not there to assist or help you in anyway, they only exist to squeeze the most payment they can get out of you.

Everything has to be in writing from now on.

S.

Yeah i have decided not to speak to them on the phone again, only reason i tried to call is because they were not sending me any written response.

I can hear the OFT calling my name i think. Fingers crossed i will get somewhere this time and show them im serious

Thanks both for the help

Train hard...Fight easy

Can some one tell me what my best course of advice would be if DCA dont respond to anything i request, by that i mean they dont even send me a letter.

or, what the OFT does after i make my complaint with them?

I just what to know what to expect.

Plus im new to this so still getting to grips with everything.

Is there a section on this site for complete newbies? Like Jargon busters, and things explained in simpler terms just so newbies can get there head around things.

Sorry for rambling on peps.

Thanks all

Train hard...Fight easy

HF-Legal, also known as Hanley & Fleishman LLP

Vilcol, or Vilcollections

Anybody heard of these or know anything about them, I have had a debt flying between these, and when i request a CCA they passed the debt onto another firm (VILCOL).

The story, HF-Legal applied a default to my credit file (added to the file in 2009), so i CCA'd them. I got a letter back saying that they sold my account on in 2005 and they reinstated my account in error - can they still add this default to my account even though they sold the account in 2005?

They wont respond to my letters since they passed my account on, also wont deal with me on the phone as my account has been moved onto VILCOL.

Has HF-Legal broken any laws or acts by doing this?

The account is now with Vilcol, again i CCA'd them, no response, i then sent a threatening letter that there time has lapsed.

Still no response, i have now reported them to OFT. Have i taken the neccesarry step, and have i done them correct.

Thanks for reading

Train hard...Fight easy

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0324358Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Village Investigations Limited 2267884

Categories:

Credit reference agency

Debt adjusting/counselling

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

V. I. L. Collections

Vilcol

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

Worldwide Collections

Worldwide Investigations And Collections

Issued Date: 12-Oct-1991 Expiry Date: 17-Oct-2011

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Ian Richard St John OFFICER

Steven Richard Leonard Rowlands OFFICER

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Barbara Rowlands OFFICER

Ian John John OFFICER

Steven Rowlands OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Other

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Principal Place Of Business Vilcol House, 97 Ewell Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 6AH

Registered Office Vilcol House, 97 Ewell Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 6AH

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence 11, Creek Road, East Molesey, Surrey, KT8 9BE

Principal Place Of Business 11, Creek Road, East Molesey, Surrey, KT8 9BE

Registered Office 11, Creek Road, East Molesey, Surrey, KT8 9BE

AC

Thanks for the info above, cheers

I done a search on vilcol but most of the 10 are in on thread with something like 2000 posts, thats alot to read :p

thank anyway peps

Train hard...Fight easy

John888999 - Yeah they have never chased me but the company who issued the default against my name (hf legal) said that i need to get vilcol to tell them to get rid of my default from my credit file.

you see my dilemma? Vilcol never respond to my damn letter - so annoying

Train hard...Fight easy

Well when i spoke to VILCOL they said they legally own the debt.

But they also said that they have requested the CCA from their client (GE Money)

GE Money = who i owed the debt to originally

So abit guess they have been part sold and assigned? or has it got to be one or the other?

Train hard...Fight easy

Yeah the company who put it on said only they can remove it.

From the letter they sent me they sold my account on in 2005, so can they legally add a default in 2009 if they accidentally reinstate the sold account.

The reinstated the account then closed is as it shouldnt have been reopened in the first place as they no longer owned the debt, but they still submitted the default on my credit file

Im trying to find out if they can actually do this

Train hard...Fight easy

Can someone please help.

I just contacted my DCA by phone (dont shout i know i shouldnt have)

and i asked for an update, They said they are have requested my CCA from a company called APP? anyone know who on earth that is?

Also, I brought up my letter where i stated the 12+2 days have passed, the lady didnt care she just kept saying 'we have requested it'

I asked for a reply to me letter, she said she will pass it to management to deal, I have spoke to management about my letter before and they said they would write to me, and im still waiting.

How on earth do i argue this, they cant deal on the phone and wont send me letter, im banging my head against a brick wall aint i

Please help on this

Train hard...Fight easy

Can someone run me through what we do. As im a little confused on where to go as i see people on here are requested CCA and they are getting letter back from the DCA disputing our letter in some what form.

What if this is the case:

1, we receive a letter from DCA

2, we write back without acknowlegding the debt

3, We then CCA them

4, await a response 12+2 days

5, No response, send a reminder that the time has expired.

What happens after this? I have seen stories on here where people then get a response, however, i have been getting NO response, I have phoned them, and they have confirmed receipt of my letter.

What open options do i have here?

Im so frustrated over this.

Thanks

Train hard...Fight easy

I requested 2 x CCA from Moorcroft nearly two years ago, they replied with the usual delaying stuff but the end result was no CCA.

The "Debt" was sold on to Freds who vanished after a simple letter.

I have no doubt at some time in the near future that another DCA will bne in touch.

The point I'm making is:

You have made a legal request for the CCA.

Until someone (anyone) provides you with it, the debt is in dispute, and they are in default of your request.

If another DCA decides to have a go - knock them back down and point out that the debt is in dispute and they as the new representative of the OC are equally in default of your CCA request

Now technically without a CCA there should be no reporting on your status to the CRA's etc ...but that's another story.

No CCA = No Liability = no debt

Thats the thing, suddenly this year a default appeared on my file, no late payments on it nothing, just went on there as a sraight default, so i want that removed.

But the DCA who put it on he file said that they wont remove it until the new DCA tells them to.

Whats that about?

Any ideas?

Train hard...Fight easy

Basically the dca who is managing the account will always state that they have a right to update your file - it's in the agreement that you signed.

But they don't have an agreement I hear you say and this is where they rely on peoples ignorance of the law.

You will normally need to take them to court, the CRA's at the mo' are cr@pping themselves at the thought of more people sueing them for libel and defamation.

Unfortunately this is the system they have created.

All you can do is complain and complain again

Can someone run me through what we do. As im a little confused on where to go as i see people on here are requested CCA and they are getting letter back from the DCA disputing our letter in some what form.

What if this is the case:

1, we receive a letter from DCA

2, we write back without acknowlegding the debt

3, We then CCA them

4, await a response 12+2 days

5, No response, send a reminder that the time has expired.

What happens after this? I have seen stories on here where people then get a response, however, i have been getting NO response, I have phoned them, and they have confirmed receipt of my letter.

What open options do i have here?

Im so frustrated over this.

Thanks

if they have failed to respond within the 12+2days then the debt is unenforceable, and they know it.

you're probably just on a list of outstanding debts that get fwded around or brought by various dca's.

i certainly would not phone any dca.

ignore them if they fail to produce, if you don't, then it will be flagged as gettting a rsponce so the next one will try harder!.

phishing list me thinks.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Its just the Default on my file om worried about. The DCA who put it on said they sold the debt back in 2005, but they put the default on in 2009, 4 years late. it dont make sense to me

Can they put a default on a file this late?

Edited by accesspwd

Train hard...Fight easy

if they sold the debt in 2005 , they certainly do not have the agreement to put a default on in 2009, demand it is removed or contact the cra telling them the dca sold the debt in 2005, why have they allowed a default now?

their data must be correct, it is not, it should be removed.

looking at this, you are talking about 2005, the debt must have existed previous to this, is it not now statue barred?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Im new to all this to be honest, not 100% sure what statue barred is? This would be Not enforceable because its be there for so long.

or do i have it totally wrong?

Train hard...Fight easy